Author Topic: Question to Canadians in Vancouver/Toronto/Calgary/Edmonton/Montreal/Winnipeg  (Read 5394 times)

mariamontreal

I appreciate what you are saying , I don't think so . This is the worst day I have had in years. I just want to go home and cry .
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 10:50:43 AM by mariamontreal »

Offline mtl_11

• Refugee
  • beaten and blown by the wind
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Montreal and Edmonton will be part of the second leg....guaranteed.

the thing is, i hope they announce any upcoming dates soon so we can plan accordingly.

liewerizon

Maria, I hear what you are saying and just like you, I can't help but feel 'slighted' by the band. I too had spend $$$ on them, just like most of the die-hards had. Unfortunately these days it's all about the MONEY. How else you explain them releasing multiple versions of the same CDs (econopak/deluxe/yadee yadaa).  The last time they were in Edmonton was 1997! I had since seen them in Vancouver in '97, Calgary in '01 and again both Vancouver shows in '05. I had no plans to spend "extras" to see them in other cities this time around, maybe Calgary (only a 2hrs+ drive).
You'd thought U2 knows they have fans in other parts of Canada besides Toronto and Vancouver.

What a disappointing way to start a week!

mariamontreal

Big time , Like I said it's the worst day I have had in a very very long time . I am in disbelief , we have the facilities - I don't understand . I feel betrayed ,it is very personal .

Offline domino

• Refugee
I was most surprised to not see Montreal or Seattle on the bill...they only have 3 days (i think) btwn LA and Vancouver, which makes me wonder why they shows it over Seattle (besides it obviously being the more awesome of the 2).

Also guys, with the last date of the leg being Oct 28th...it looks like they're taking November and December off to spend the holidays with their families....just like everyone else!! Did that cross your mind??

Yes it sucks but they'll be back..

Offline mtl_11

• Refugee
Big time , Like I said it's the worst day I have had in a very very long time . I am in disbelief , we have the facilities - I don't understand . I feel betrayed ,it is very personal .

i dont think we have the facilities they are looking for. the big O (olympic stadium) is an outdated piece of junk.

mariamontreal

I am going to try to be hopeful and pray on the second leg in spring/summer 2010 when they come back to North America , Montreal is included . That's all I have to hope for .

Offline Achtung_Habs

• Party Girl/Boy
  • In the name of Love
I am going to try to be hopeful and pray on the second leg in spring/summer 2010 when they come back to North America , Montreal is included . That's all I have to hope for .

I am 100% sure they'll come back in 2010, remember on the Vertigo tour, they came on the third leg of the tour only !

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
Aww Maria.... I completely understand.  I am stuck in Regina, Saskatchewan.  I nearly died when the Rolling Stones came here and ever since then I've had hopes that we actually would get U2 some day.  I have *always* had to travel to see anyone I want to see since no one EVER comes here.  I will bet that they will most definitely play Montreal on the next leg though, hang in there!!

I also will bet that they will add some dates to this leg.  They clearly have a couple of dates which are the day after each other, so they must have multiple sets or the ability to tear down/set up quickly.  So, you might even see them this time.  Hang in there!

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
There is a reason why they aren't playing in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg, etc. It is freezing there in October!

If you look at the places they are playing deeper in October it is indoors in Vancouver and in warm places like L.A., Vegas, Texas, Florida, etc.

It would have to be summer time for U2 to play in outdoor Canadian stadiums. Maybe summer 2010.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
There is a reason why they aren't playing in Edmonton, Calgary, Regina, Winnipeg, etc. It is freezing there in October!

If you look at the places they are playing deeper in October it is indoors in Vancouver and in warm places like L.A., Vegas, Texas, Florida, etc.

It would have to be summer time for U2 to play in outdoor Canadian stadiums. Maybe summer 2010.

I agree to some extent, however the Stones played in Regina in October in 2006.  As well, it is not "freezing" in October here, not until November at least. 

I definitely would like to be outside next July though... one warm summer night.... so I'm all good if they come back next summer to do at least an Alberta date!

In the meantime I will enjoy the "warmth" of BC Place this fall :)

mariamontreal

Here's the deal - the big-o is 404 ft high center field holds 67,000 to 70,000 you are telling me U2 is not going to play there? I must go home and digest this over a few beers, I am having  a really bad day . See ya tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 02:16:27 PM by mariamontreal »

Offline mtl_11

• Refugee
i heard from friends who have been to concerts at the big-0 say the sound is really poor due to the way the building is shaped. maybe that could have something to do with it.

Offline Hammered41

• Babyface
New member from Montreal here, but I'm going to skip the intro zabba zabba and cut to the chase.
I'm shocked that Montreal isn't on the list, but I'll admit it's a short list, not many dates even in regards to Europe, almost 1 city 1 country tour, which I'm sure will expand (I hope).
Last tour, U2 came to Montreal in the second leg of North America, for two sold out night, so it would be shocking if they thought Montreal couldn't sell out the Big Mistake. Roughly two years ago Genesis played the Big O, not sure if it will still be standing in 5 years, but it should be able to handle 1 U2 show.
With a pre-sale this year, I hope to avoid the $1000 per tickets I had to pay last time.
I hope you guys out West get more shows too.
I still might hit TO, in case Montreal somehow gets shut out.

Offline Hammered41

• Babyface
i heard from friends who have been to concerts at the big-0 say the sound is really poor due to the way the building is shaped. maybe that could have something to do with it.

Last concert I saw at the Big O was Pink Floyd in '94, and I thought the sound was good, but it isn't the case for most concerts there.
I doubt they care if it sounds good or not, if there's money to be had, they'll play there.
"Build it poorly...and they'll still come...if there's a demand"