Author Topic: 2nd Nights  (Read 3870 times)

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
2nd Nights
« on: January 14, 2017, 02:28:33 PM »
As expected there appears to be 2nd nights planned in many cities, only question is how they will be sold. My bet is they will just appear sometime on Monday during the general sales for the first night.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Gavin82

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: 2nd Nights
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2017, 02:42:11 PM »
Yeah will be same as when The Boss & ESB did Croke last summer you will be in the Q then it just flashes up 2nd night added and direct you automatically to them tixs

Its no suprise too me its bound to happen TM will have a meltdown @ 9am on Monday
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 02:45:25 PM by Gavin82 »

Waffles

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 04:21:51 PM »
U2 won't do it like that. They'll do their typical "due to overwhelming demand" announcement a day or week after general sale. Then they'll give a week for presale. Then general sale will go on sale.

Offline andrewau2

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Smack in the centre of contradiction = place to be
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 09:08:43 AM »
If I remember correctly, a second show has been added in the past maybe about an hour after the first show sells out. So, if the public on sale starts at 9am, tickets for a 2nd show may be available at 10am the same day.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 12:05:34 PM »
Hopefully, U2 doesn't just roll over the 2nd nights on the public sale.  I can just see an uproar over this if they do that.  Most likely they will give fan club members with unused codes first chance at presales.
In the case of Springsteen, he doesn't, I believe have a fan club to join on his website so, that is why he rolled over additional dates on the public sale.
I remember the last time U2 did that (roll over dates on public sale) on the Vertigo tour where fan club members only had pre-sales for the first announced date there were huge complaints that they did this from fan club members and they even apologized at the grammys for this blunder.

Offline Voldemar

• Wanderer
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 03:54:50 AM »
Second dates for London, Paris, Amsterdam added >>> You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Voldemar

• Wanderer
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 04:02:52 AM »
second Rome added, watch the international events > You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 04:12:51 AM »
Good news for 2nd dates, although no word on presale yet...but because it's next week, there should be another round of presales.
Also gives them great opportunity to sell more memberships !!! Money money money

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 04:14:27 AM »
Amsterdam definitely has presales starting Wednesday. It's very likely that the other cities will too.

Offline kseguin

• Wanderer
  • Montreal, Newark, Dublin
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 04:43:17 AM »
Irish Times says no 2nd show for Dublin/Croke Park.

Let's hope it is wrong!!!!

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 04:49:14 AM »

Offline kevc

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 05:15:47 AM »
Interesting post on U2.com, says 4 extra shows to 'finalise' European leg, assume no extra Dublin show

Offline Lizard

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Heard a song that made some sense out of the world
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2017, 08:18:52 AM »
That's what ticketmaster.nl told me for the Amsterdam show after waiting almost half an hour to get access to the ticket sales:

There are still Platinum and Travel Packages tickets available for the current date. There will be an extra show on 30 July in the Amsterdam ArenA. The on sale for the new show will start on 23 January, with an U2 fanclub pre sale starting on 18 January.

So now I'm hopeful to get another chance with my fanclub presale....

Offline samko

• Stateless
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2017, 08:34:11 AM »
I already bought 4 tickets last week on the pre-sale for first night. Does anyone know if I have another family member subscribe to U2.com this week in order to get a new pre-sale code, can tickets using this new code still be purchased through my own Ticketmaster account (which I already used to buy last week's tickets)? Or do they have to open their own Ticketmaster account? Or can I use a different credit card within my own Ticketmaster account?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:35:55 AM by samko »

Offline flowtheman

• Babyface
  • Even better than the real thing.
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 08:53:20 AM »
I already bought 4 tickets last week on the pre-sale for first night. Does anyone know if I have another family member subscribe to U2.com this week in order to get a new pre-sale code, can tickets using this new code still be purchased through my own Ticketmaster account (which I already used to buy last week's tickets)? Or do they have to open their own Ticketmaster account? Or can I use a different credit card within my own Ticketmaster account?

I think I've read somewhere here that this would NOT work. If I recall that right, I think somebody tried it even with two different addresses or something like that. But I'm not quite sure.