Author Topic: New rumor- may 28th Las Vegas- concert dvd  (Read 5236 times)

Saint22

Re: New rumor- may 28th Las Vegas- concert dvd
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2017, 06:36:44 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Saw the opening of Pop Mart at Sam Boyd, that Stadium is not that big, which for me would be great for a concert.  I prefer smaller arenas to stadiums like many, but Sam Boyd is not that big compared to Soldier Field or Rose Bowl, so a concert there would be great.

The infamous night they stopped mid-song and had "a little family row" due to the messed up pacing. Rehearsing in front of the world.

I must have missed this story?

probably U2's most well known live snafu.  There are others but this has always gotten the most attention, for many reasons.

Yikes. That's just gross.

Yeah, that was pretty awkward to watch. I don't know why they didn't work more on that song prior to the tour. Or maybe they did and it just did not come together.
They didn't have enough time to rehearse. That entire show is a mess.

Which begs the question, why did they schedule these shows without proper rehearsal time? I can't imagine being in a band of that level and having to wing it as they did. At best, you might be able to get through the show without many noticeable mistakes. At worst, you're going to embarrass yourselves.

I think they learned from that lesson and consequently played it safe on future albums/tours.

Larry has answered this question. They were still tinkering with the album when they should have been rehearsing. It took them months to catch up and the first leg of PopMart was a disaster. He called it the biggest mistake they have ever made.

Staring At The Sun was just a cursed song. There may be something in there somewhere, but they never found it.

As for Zooropa songs live, remember they initially tried Numb, Zooropa, Babyface and Stay after New Year's Day but dropped Zooropa and Babyface and THEN added Dirty Day, Daddy's Gonna Pay and Lemon for the Zoomerang leg.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 06:46:25 AM by Saint22 »

Online Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
Re: New rumor- may 28th Las Vegas- concert dvd
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2017, 09:47:21 AM »
Larry has answered this question. They were still tinkering with the album when they should have been rehearsing. It took them months to catch up and the first leg of PopMart was a disaster. He called it the biggest mistake they have ever made.

Staring At The Sun was just a cursed song. There may be something in there somewhere, but they never found it.

This was a shame.  As it was, I consider myself fortunate to have seen a full band performance of the song on the first leg, which went off without a hitch, seemingly.  I don't know why this song gave them so much trouble as a full band--it seems pretty basic, and no more complicated than anything else they've done.