Poll

When's the next original U2 studio-length release due?

December 2008
0 (0%)
January 2009
6 (12.2%)
February 2009
15 (30.6%)
March 2009
24 (49%)
April 2009
0 (0%)
May 2009
1 (2%)
June 2009
0 (0%)
Q3 2009
0 (0%)
Q4 2009
1 (2%)
Later than the above
2 (4.1%)
Never
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: Mindless speculation on the next album.  (Read 13746 times)

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Re: Mindless speculation on the next album.
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2008, 10:34:28 PM »
Overwhelming speculation on the album release in March.

Offline holyjoe

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • It's not what I want it's what I need
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2008, 04:02:49 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
fellas.....
you know that a few months ago the name: No Line in The Horizon popped up as a possible album/single/song name????
well... there's a new video up at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login which lasts about 2 minutes, it's just the sea shore in the morning..... and guess what's missing??? the line on the horizon!!! haha!!
how about that??
the only thing you hear in the vid is waves on the shore, nothing else... and you see the sea, that's all...

PS: sorry if this is not the right topic to post this.. but I'm not a big "topic opener" ;) hehe

I think you are correct. I thought the same thing, given this quote from yer man Bono (from the Jan 19, 2008 @U2 news bit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login):

A wide, frozen lake spreads out next to the salt-whitened Utah freeway, and Bono points out the gauzy sundown, the sun slipping beneath white clouds that blend with snowy mountaintops in the distance.

"Can I interrupt this broadcast?" he says. "There's an amazing moment in Ireland, where we live, when the sea and the sky can have the same color and the line of the horizon disappears. And I look at these mountains, and it's just about to happen here."

He reaches beneath the seat and pulls out a CD case, withdrawing a hand-labeled disc. "I have just the right song for it ... if I can find it."

He slips the CD into the player and heavy distortion fills the car. It's a song called "No Line on the Horizon," which the band is developing for their next album. "It came out of a new distortion box that my guitar tech got," the Edge says.

"This is a little full on!" Bono shouts. "But it's worth it, just to get a flavor of this. It's only a demo."

The video IS on the "pay-per-view" U2.com.

HJ

Offline JohnnyVOXX

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • many will see and hear
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2008, 06:33:56 AM »
fellas.....
you know that a few months ago the name: No Line in The Horizon popped up as a possible album/single/song name????
well... there's a new video up at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login which lasts about 2 minutes, it's just the sea shore in the morning..... and guess what's missing??? the line on the horizon!!! haha!!
how about that??
the only thing you hear in the vid is waves on the shore, nothing else... and you see the sea, that's all...

PS: sorry if this is not the right topic to post this.. but I'm not a big "topic opener" ;) hehe

I think you are correct. I thought the same thing, given this quote from yer man Bono (from the Jan 19, 2008 @U2 news bit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login):

A wide, frozen lake spreads out next to the salt-whitened Utah freeway, and Bono points out the gauzy sundown, the sun slipping beneath white clouds that blend with snowy mountaintops in the distance.

"Can I interrupt this broadcast?" he says. "There's an amazing moment in Ireland, where we live, when the sea and the sky can have the same color and the line of the horizon disappears. And I look at these mountains, and it's just about to happen here."

He reaches beneath the seat and pulls out a CD case, withdrawing a hand-labeled disc. "I have just the right song for it ... if I can find it."

He slips the CD into the player and heavy distortion fills the car. It's a song called "No Line on the Horizon," which the band is developing for their next album. "It came out of a new distortion box that my guitar tech got," the Edge says.

"This is a little full on!" Bono shouts. "But it's worth it, just to get a flavor of this. It's only a demo."

The video IS on the "pay-per-view" U2.com.

HJ

HJ!! thanks a lot!! I remembered that interview and searched for it and couldn't find it...
If I'm not wrong it was on the way to the U23D premiere, inside the van along with Edge and this journalist whose name I can't remember....
:D :D :D
thanks for posting this!!

Offline TraKianLite/Zooropa

• Numb
  • The land was flat, the highway straight and wide.
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2008, 07:55:43 PM »
Incidentally, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is how "No Line On The Horizon" might sound, timbre-wise. Obviously it isn't the song.