Author Topic: Are scalpers inevitable?  (Read 3810 times)

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Are scalpers inevitable?
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2017, 08:53:42 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
And if a guy lost $50 because his wife got ill, that's OK because hey, we got to see a show and saved some bucks?

(you're right. I DO love playing avocado diablo or whatever the Latin is. It's fun)

Some venues sell insurance with the ticket?

I don't believe in a total ban on reselling tickets. The culture of people paying more than the advertised price needs to change. I actually like touts outside of venues. They might take your unused ticket off you for a lower price and try sell it to other people and make some money on it. Often the touts are forced to sell for less than value. At least they are prepared to stand there in the wind and rain.

These faceless resale sites are a con. If society stopped using them then there would be no business. The resale sites were set up in response to people selling tickets for inflated prices on EBay which you can no longer do. TicketMaster set up these pages because they saw extra money to be made from people who are prepared to pay more.

Society needs to also learn that it's ok to miss a show. I couldn't get a ticket this around but good luck to all those who got one. I'm not prepared to pay more than face value. I am prepared though to get to Twickenham and stand outside and try buy a standing GA ticket on the day with 50 in my wallet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline stellina

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Are scalpers inevitable?
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2017, 09:29:36 AM »
I also will not pay above face value for a ticket.  If I haven't been able to get tickets, I have been very successful the day of the concert (and you really have to have patience for this) to wait and watch the prices drop on stubhub, especially if you really sweat it out and wait a few hours before the concert is taking place

I don't understand why someone would pay $300 for GA seats that cost $70.  Even if I had a ton of money, I just wouldn't pay that ridiculous price.