Author Topic: Likeliness of more dates being added in US?  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Number1U2fan

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "we're one..but we're not the same..."
Re: Likeliness of more dates being added in US?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2017, 12:53:00 PM »
2nd night added to Rose Bowl May 21st

Offline spooked1oo

• Numb
  • Fourty-five lightyears from home
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 01:54:19 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
2nd night added to Rose Bowl May 21st

Alright, I guess I'll probably settle for that one. Still hoping Vegas happens, but I'd rather not risk it. Time to sign up for U2.com!

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 02:22:32 PM »
Quick question about the second dates just announced I.e. Met Life stadium...

Would the band have booked the two nights in advance? And what if they first night didn't sell as well. Could they cancel the second show and get a refund?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and yes. Bands frequently place 'holds' for dates well in advance and release the dates if they aren't needed. Several years ago, Bruce Springsteen had 'holds' on venues for a tour that never happened. It isn't like another band would have time to come in and set up for a stadium show on that second night if U2 decided not to use it.

I see, that's interesting about Springsteen. So basically a band or artist could come in at quite short notice and book that night

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2017, 02:39:29 PM »
Quick question about the second dates just announced I.e. Met Life stadium...

Would the band have booked the two nights in advance? And what if they first night didn't sell as well. Could they cancel the second show and get a refund?

Yes and yes. Bands frequently place 'holds' for dates well in advance and release the dates if they aren't needed. Several years ago, Bruce Springsteen had 'holds' on venues for a tour that never happened. It isn't like another band would have time to come in and set up for a stadium show on that second night if U2 decided not to use it.

I see, that's interesting about Springsteen. So basically a band or artist could come in at quite short notice and book that night

Theoretically, yes. Now, these tours are about as spontaneous as the Normandy landing, but if there was a time crunch, there's no reason for the venue not to cooperate. Why turn down free money? American football stadiums pretty-much sit dormant all spring and summer long.

Offline Tuur07

• Babyface
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2017, 04:32:13 PM »
I Guess Houston has a problem???? Still GA's available for normal prices!

Offline psychedforU2

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2017, 11:17:41 AM »
There's a week between the Dallas show and first Chicago show (May 26th-June 3rd).  What do you think the chances are of a Denver show being added that week?  It seems like it would make sense time-wise and geographically (there's nothing in the mountain west).  They added Denver late last time...so I'm hoping (as I assume others are) that happens again so I can just travel an hour to see U2.  I have a brother that lives near Chicago, so that's a fitting trip to make...hoping to get tickets to the second show, as yesterday didn't work out.