Author Topic: Toronto general sale disaster  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Yaro

• Stateless
  • Everything you know is wrong
Toronto general sale disaster
« on: January 17, 2017, 01:17:35 PM »
Wow, ok,  seems like Toronto was impossible to score any tickes..3 tablets  going, one laptop, internet speeds 150 mbps, 2 Ticketmaster accnts. and still no luck..Re-sale tickets started popping up 10.30 am @ $ 650- $ 1500 lower seats,even upper seats @ $ 300-400..forget Toronto, they d probably sold out  Rogers centre (55,000 seats) 5 times over..being from Michigan,thank god I was able to get (2) GA for Cleveland..face value, $ 70..

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
Re: Toronto general sale disaster
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 01:40:41 PM »
Tell me about it have no tickets...not a happy person missed out on pre-sale also

Offline superstar905

• Stateless
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 08:43:41 PM »
Well, there were plenty of seats available during the presale so you really have no excuse not to have scored tickets.

Just suprised that a second show want added given the interest.

Offline Talie

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 02:00:37 PM »
Interesting breakdown of what happened in Toronto:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline braunerf18

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 04:32:49 PM »
Pittsburgh still has GA available. I gave up on Toronto. It's not that far of a drive and you'll get the same show!

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 04:44:25 PM »
I am glad you were able to get ticket

Offline AggieMike

• Babyface
  • Love is all there IS
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 04:51:50 PM »
I don't see how they are going to add a second show. Hope I am wrong, but the venues where they added shows, there was enough schedule buffer to insert another night and I don't see it here. It doesn't appear that they are going to have two full stage sets "leap-frogging" each other. Just my observation.

Offline weinerdog

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 12:21:21 AM »
Interesting breakdown of what happened in Toronto:

The writer seems quite incorrect about this: "There’s no way that Toronto (or Vancouver, for that matter) is going to get just one show on this 20th Anniversary Joshua Tree tour."

Offline zoki

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 06:34:29 PM »
Wow, ok,  seems like Toronto was impossible to score any tickes..3 tablets  going, one laptop, internet speeds 150 mbps, 2 Ticketmaster accnts. and still no luck..Re-sale tickets started popping up 10.30 am @ $ 650- $ 1500 lower seats,even upper seats @ $ 300-400..forget Toronto, they d probably sold out  Rogers centre (55,000 seats) 5 times over..being from Michigan,thank god I was able to get (2) GA for Cleveland..face value, $ 70..

I am from Michigan also.  I bought 2 GA for Toronto during Wires presale, but not until around 11:30.  Only 100 level 15-20 rows back were coming up at 9:00.  I really wanted Redzone, so I tried again during general sale and got them immediately on my app.  Computer sucked and was taking forever with no luck.  Ended up getting 2 GA for Cleveland also.
I was originally trying for Chicago, but had a horrible time during presales.  They finally had GA tickets in the afternoon after I already bought Toronto.  Hotel prices there are insane anyway!

Offline danielww2000

• Babyface
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 07:25:08 PM »
The info I have is that Toronto should be getting another show the day before on the 22nd.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 07:52:50 PM »
Thats some serious MI5 stuff there danielww2000

Offline danielww2000

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 08:04:28 PM »
I'm new here so just putting my best foot forward trying to contribute :)

Offline Yaro

• Stateless
  • Everything you know is wrong
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 06:32:38 AM »

I am from Michigan also.  I bought 2 GA for Toronto during Wires presale, but not until around 11:30.  Only 100 level 15-20 rows back were coming up at 9:00.  I really wanted Redzone, so I tried again during general sale and got them immediately on my app.  Computer sucked and was taking forever with no luck.  Ended up getting 2 GA for Cleveland also.
I was originally trying for Chicago, but had a horrible time during presales.  They finally had GA tickets in the afternoon after I already bought Toronto.  Hotel prices there are insane anyway!

And better book some Cleveland hotel now if you re staying over night..I tried 15 hotels near the Broncos stadium,,mysteriously" they are all sold out at that time !!! Its gonna be something, 80,000 plus people..somethin' to look forward to..and yeah, the heck w toronto, blu water bridge crossing (P.Huron/Sarnia ) is sooo jammed in summer months, 2 hr.wait..Cleveland it is..

Offline superstar905

• Stateless
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 07:21:45 AM »
so I got 4 GAs for Toronto, 4 GA's for Chicago, and for both shows I could have bought tons of seats.  There was plenty of advice on these forums that tickets were going to drop throughout the day and while I was nervous about missing out, it turned out to be true.

Also, i came on these forums a few times to advise of new ticket releases including GA's.   If you didn't come back to check or heed the advice of others, then I guess it sucks to not have tickets to these shows.

I personally think the way Toronto was done, was brilliant.  More tickets in the hands of fans that scalpers.

Offline RonnieFerg

• Babyface
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 02:19:36 PM »
so I got 4 GAs for Toronto, 4 GA's for Chicago, and for both shows I could have bought tons of seats.  There was plenty of advice on these forums that tickets were going to drop throughout the day and while I was nervous about missing out, it turned out to be true.

Also, i came on these forums a few times to advise of new ticket releases including GA's.   If you didn't come back to check or heed the advice of others, then I guess it sucks to not have tickets to these shows.

I personally think the way Toronto was done, was brilliant.  More tickets in the hands of fans that scalpers.

There's no need to berate people for not getting tickets. You got tickets, that's great for you. Clearly others didn't have as much luck. There's no need to condescend to them. Clearly they tried and had different results.

I was lucky enough to get some tickets for my city, but the process definitely wasn't easy or intuitive (i.e. being told by TM that tickets weren't available and then trying over and over again for two hours until something finally came up) and seems like it could have easily gone another way, so I have sympathy for you Toronto folks!