Author Topic: Will TM drop more tickets?  (Read 1076 times)

Offline ranman1973

• Babyface
Will TM drop more tickets?
« on: January 17, 2017, 02:16:06 PM »
Still looking for tickets to Vancouver (2 side by side, $155 or less) or 1 GA ticket for Seattle.

Do you think TicketMaster will drop more tickets? 

For the Wires presale, additional tickets dropped a few hours after initial sale.  Wondering if the same will happen with regular public sale.

Offline weinerdog

• Stateless
Re: Will TM drop more tickets?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 03:19:17 PM »
Obviously there are no guarantees, but as long as anyone is vigilant about checking the odds are extremely good you'll get tickets in a drop. Sign up for those Ticketmaster alerts and be ready if you get one on your phone. There will be drops - I&E was in arenas and tickets were very available in the days leading up to the shows.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 03:26:19 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Still looking for tickets to Vancouver (2 side by side, $155 or less) or 1 GA ticket for Seattle.

Do you think TicketMaster will drop more tickets? 

For the Wires presale, additional tickets dropped a few hours after initial sale.  Wondering if the same will happen with regular public sale.

Possibly, but it is more likely they will drop much closer to the date of the show. Anything that drops this quickly would likely be the result of cards being declined or people exceeding the ticket limits. Also, and this is key, keep an eye out in the days before the show for any VIP packages that include hotel stays, etc., to be sold just as tickets alone. You can get great tickets like this with a little luck!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 08:37:24 PM »
Last tour, someone explained this to me and it makes sense: since ticketmaster owns a reselling site, they will put some tickets up on the reselling site immediately. If they don't sell at the outrageous prices, eventually they will drop the price and finally toss them back into the regular site. I have no way of knowing if this is true, but it seems logical. So if you can be patient (which is hard for me), tickets should show up.

Offline ADDinChicago

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 11:23:33 AM »
They usually drop more tickets once they have laid the stage and know exact specs and other entities such as sponsors, radio stations, etc. give back any unused tickets they might have had (not tons, but a few) but that usually doesn't happen until the week of the show. I've actually gotten some very nice seats in the past by doing this. Now, this might be a hard ticket, though so I wouldn't expect a lot of tickets to show up. I'd suggest just periodically keep checking and once the week of hits, check a lot. We did hear of some tickets in Chicago during the presale popping backup the same day of the presale a couple of hours later. That's usually once traffic has died down and stopped choking the system and they have gone back through and canceled double orders, etc.

Offline Bentleyspop

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 11:33:16 AM »
Not only will there be plenty of drops but by the day of show you'll be able to get lots of tickets below face.