Author Topic: How is it possible for reseller tickets to be on sale BEFORE the presale starts?  (Read 4081 times)

Offline K2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • light my way
What the heck? Tonight StubHub and Vivid Seats have hundreds of tickets up for sale for Chicago June 4 (second show, which was just announced this afternoon). Presales don't even begin until tomorrow morning (Wednesday).

It goes without saying that these tickets are marked way, way up.

How is this even possible?

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 10:38:26 PM by K2 »

Offline weinerdog

• Stateless
They are likely just speculative listings. The sellers will put their bots to work and be able to fulfill most, if not all of what they have for sale now.

Offline K2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • light my way
Oh, I am so naive. I actually thought there was some miraculous or evil means by which tickets had actually been purchased. Upon closer inspection - here's a little "fine print" on a listing at Vivid Seats:

"Ticket Details: FULL VIEW LEVEL 200 SEATING Zone Seating. The seller is committing to procure these tickets for you upon receipt of your order. After you place your order and your order is confirmed, we guarantee that your tickets will be within the listed zone or section listed or one comparable and that you will receive these tickets in time for the event or your money back. Orders exceeding four tickets may be split up into different rows within the requested zone or section."

Offline octoberreckoning

• Babyface
NFL season ticket holders frequently have access to purchase tickets in their seats for other events in the venue.

Offline coldrain85

• Babyface
People who are associated with the promoter, the venue and the city where the concert is held often get access to tickets. They have a fixed allotment that's defined in their contract so they know that they will get tickets before they even go on sale. Vendors that have a contract with the venue etc. They all get tickets.

In the case of Levi's Stadium it is privately owned by the 49ers. They also have their hands in the pot and the Santa Clara stadium authority also gets a piece. Everyone's a scalper these days. That includes local politicians and football fans who don't give a sh** about U2, but are glad to scalp tickets so they can offset their losses on season tickets for their horrible football team. From the looks of it though, at least on Stubhub, there are not very many extras for the Levi's Stadium show. The fan club got a big chunk of the tickets and making them paperless has cut down on scalping. There are a lot of crappy 400-level seats on Stubhub, but that's because they are not paperless like most everything else. I was actually kind of shocked when I saw how few scalped tickets there are for such a big venue.