Author Topic: Clarification For Newbie With U2 Presale Codes  (Read 1940 times)

Offline PhillyGuy115

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Clarification For Newbie With U2 Presale Codes
« on: January 18, 2017, 05:47:29 AM »
So, if you already used the presale code issued last week to purchase four tickets, you are unable to use it again, or be awarded a new code for the additional shows now going on sale for NY, Chi and CA, correct?

Offline springgirl1

Re: Clarification For Newbie With U2 Presale Codes
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 06:26:40 AM »
Correct , Can only purchase maximum of 4 tixs using pre-Sale Code. No new code issued for additional concert dates
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 06:28:42 AM by springgirl1 »

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 07:02:40 AM »
When does Wire presale start? I thought it was same as Red Hill for the 2nd shows?

Offline PhillyGuy115

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 07:03:34 AM »
Wires is Thursday for additional shows

Offline Sameold

• Babyface
  • DONT USE TOUTS-IF YOU GET STUNG, DONT COME CRYING
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 07:28:59 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So, if you already used the presale code issued last week to purchase four tickets, you are unable to use it again, or be awarded a new code for the additional shows now going on sale for NY, Chi and CA, correct?

If you log in to your U2.com, your presale code should be crossed out.

Offline spooked1oo

• Numb
  • Fourty-five lightyears from home
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 10:10:28 AM »
Ah shoot, I got on today as a Wires guy looking to grab some Rose Bowl GA tickets. Do you guys think there'll still be some available tomorrow morning?

Offline ADDinChicago

• Babyface
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 11:19:00 AM »

Your personal code gets you up to 4 presale tickets for this tour (per membership(s)). So if you didn't buy 4, you should have leftovers. For example I got tickets for both Chicago shows now. 3 for night 1, 1 for night 2. If you already bought 4, then yes, you are done. Like someone else said when you go to the fanclub site your code will be crossed out if it's all used up. The only way to get another code (and it wouldn't be a Redhill code) would be to buy another membership during the presale for the added shows (if that's even being offered).

edit: And I just checked my code is NOT crossed out despite buying 4 tickets. So either that's not happening, or they'll do it when the presale ends, etc.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:27:22 AM by ADDinChicago »

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 11:23:47 AM »

If you log in to your U2.com, your presale code should be crossed out.

I have used mine and it is not, that seems to only be happening in the US.  There is talk on the main U2 forums of people using codes again if they are in different countries. As Ticketmasters in Europe are seperate companies and websites. My friend went a wee bit over his limit last tour and bought tickets in Amsterdam and UK  with no problems of cancellations.

Offline PvS

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 02:48:10 AM »
Any idea if and when you should be informed about cancellations of tickets?
I bought a total of six for Rome and Brussels and now I'm afraid they will cancel all my tickets.

Offline ADDinChicago

• Babyface
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 05:13:56 AM »
Any idea if and when you should be informed about cancellations of tickets?
I bought a total of six for Rome and Brussels and now I'm afraid they will cancel all my tickets.

I think it all depends on who catches it (if they're even looking). Ticketmaster is usually pretty quick and my friend had his tickets for something last year canceled (He had bought a few sets of tickets to resell them) and they just canceled his orders and didn't even say why (he knew why). The club probably takes longer.

Offline PvS

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 05:57:54 AM »
Hmm.. hopefully the ticket vendor is responsible, since it's two different companies in Belgium (Ticketmaster) and Italy (TicketOne).

Offline adams76

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 07:40:02 AM »
Is it common knowledge that the VIP tickets are able to be unlocked before the Wires presale? Been trying for Red Zones and was able to find Party Package tickets available well before the Wires presale. My Wires code unlocked it. Was it like this for last week's presale as well?
Annoyed.

Offline adams76

• Babyface
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 07:50:12 AM »
Forgot to mention that this was for Chicago 2.