Author Topic: Missing Paul McGuinness?  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Levitate

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Re: Missing Paul McGuinness?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2017, 08:42:56 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Can't help but feel this JT Tour smacks of McGuiness.

I think it smacks of throwing us a bone because they aren't ready to release the record yet, and anything else is reading too much into the situation. Either the album was never finished, or they are doing what Edge said they are. Either way, it was going to be another year before the show hit the road, so they are doing something to satisfy fans who have been waiting for several years now for the next U2 tour -- even longer for those who were unable to get to the short run of I+E shows.

And many of us are repaying that olive branch by questioning their intentions and morals. Classy.

Totally agree - if one is too offended by the prospect of paying to hear JT live, one can skip this tour and wait to check out SOE or another show. I personally prefer JT to anything they've put out since AB and also feel it has a more timeless quality.

Rolling Stone's surveys consistently rank this as the best album of the past 30 years (second to Never Mind ) and I was too young to attend any of the shows in the late 80's. I'm betting they'll provide a thoughtful visual reinterpretation of BTBS, IGC, Exit, and OTH. So thanks to the Edge, or the manager, or both  :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 11:46:45 PM by Hawkmoon2e »