Author Topic: Is Anyone Surprised By The North American Leg Joshua Tree Tour Schedule?  (Read 3680 times)

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
Re: Is Anyone Surprised By The North American Leg Joshua Tree Tour Schedule?
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2017, 05:32:05 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Exactly, they could have played there if they wanted to, but chose Toronto instead.  I saw 360 at the Hippodome and that was great!

Montréal has a large fan base but no stadium's. I have no ticket for JT I am hoping they add a 2nd show so I can try to get a ticket. Only 2 shows in Canada that hurts bad.....

Montreal is also a 4 hr drive, too close. Toronto had plenty of presale tickets right to the end of the 2 day presale window.

Montreal has a stadium, Olympic Stadium.  Sure it sux and is falling apart, but ACDC played there as recently a 2015 and they do have other event's there from time to time.  They couldn't do 360 there because the Claw was too high, but I saw Pop Mart and TJT 1987 tour there.

Was there too, first night when he heavens opened up during MOS, great show.
The Hippodome was a temporary site made especially for the 360 tour Montréal lucked out on this tour bottom line is I am happy for all of you attending shows wish I could go.

Offline danielww2000

• Babyface
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2017, 06:57:34 PM »
Boston should be getting another show as the plan was to have 2.

What about the gaps in the schedule around Bonnarroo and the two shows in Florida? Raleigh was rumored but didn't happen -- I wonder if it might be because of the bathroom law. Atlanta would seem like a natural but their old dome is about to come down and the new one isn't ready yet.

I don't think those were ever realistic rumors (or rumors provided by reliable sources). It seems like the actual tour schedule is pretty close to what was rumored by reliable sources prior to the announcement.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'd love for that list posted on another fan site to be true (because it has a Michigan date which would be super convenient for me) but I very much doubt it is. I think at this point the tour is set in stone.

Although, I did just notice something. In the email U2.com sent about the added European dates, they said:

"Four more shows have been added to complete the dates on the European leg of The Joshua Tree Tour 2017."

Compare that to the email about the added North America dates:

"Three more North American dates have been added to 'The Joshua Tree Tour 2017' this summer."

It makes me wonder if there might be plans to add more shows (perhaps in different cities). I'm wondering why they wouldn't use the same language on the NA email as the EU email.

I'd be intersted in what other webite is. Could you post the name or link?

Offline JaraSangASongAWeapon

• Party Girl/Boy
  • And the moon turned red over One Tree Hill
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2017, 11:20:15 PM »
Say what you want about Los Angeles (I live in Santa Monica), but I never have to worry about my favorite band (U2) skipping the area on a tour.

Waffles

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2017, 11:42:53 PM »
Say what you want about Los Angeles (I live in Santa Monica), but I never have to worry about my favorite band (U2) skipping the area on a tour.

Same, but I think they'll do San Diego instead next year

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2017, 04:29:08 AM »
Lucky you!

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2017, 06:26:59 AM »
No. Expect a more intensive schedule next time behind SOE in arenas. This is like a little bonus run. I'm actually surprised they are playing as many cities as they are.

Same here. I was figuring 10 NA dates and 5 or 6 Euro ones. This is sucking up a lot of time.   :/