Author Topic: Surely My Minutes-Old Subscription Can Help Me Secure Tix During Presal, Right?  (Read 735 times)

Offline tomnagle

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Hi Everyone,

tl;dr Bought subscription today to get a pair of presale GA tickets (or better) to the added show in NJ, but seems there aren't any available.  Should I go to the bar now?  Hoping to get a ticketing pro chime in.

New poster here.  I've seen the band in a handful of times, from Philly in 87 to the last stop on the Vertigo tour in Honolulu in 06.  Haven't seen them in ten years.   Tried to tickets to Philly, but was too slow.  Saw that additional East Rutherford show added, so I bought a subscription because presales are going on right now - started less than two hours ago for newbie subscribers (note: I bought subscription an hour after they started).   Tickets to the public aren't for a few more days. 

I've tried a handful of times, and there's seems to be nothing available (yes, I did put my code in).  I'm getting good at identifying street signs on Ticketmaster's capcha screen.  I know u2.com tells me subscriptions don't guarantee tickets, but surely all of them couldn't have been sold by this point, right..?

I was hoping a ticket-buying pro can allay my fears and tell me the world will be alright, and that presale tickets will still be made available to turtles like myself.  Appreciate the help!

Cheers,

tom

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
From my experience, GA are a crapshoot.  It's quite possible there aren't any left available.  That said, I know other posters report on ticket drops that happen well after the original on-sale date, so it seems persistence may pay off.

Offline tomnagle

• Stranger in a Strange Land
tomnagle
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 12:40:52 PM »
Johnny Feathers...thanks for the reply.

Low and behold, I took a breather and went back a couple hours later and was able to get a pair of tickets to GA East Rutherford show. 

For others in my shoes, this may have helped.  I went back using Chrome, and there were a pair of GA tickets available - I then tried to see what other tickets might be available, and the proceeded to be unable to go back and get another pair of GA tickets.  Frustrating.  Cleared cached.  Logged out of TM.  Securely closed browser.  Nothing helped.

I used Firefox and first pass had tickets available.  Could be coincidence, but give it a shot.

Cheers,

tom