Author Topic: Transfer Seated Tickets?  (Read 1774 times)

Offline kevin

• Babyface
Transfer Seated Tickets?
« on: January 19, 2017, 09:25:07 AM »
I know this has probably come up already, so, sorry for the probable repetition.  I bought two GA tickets for myself for June 3 at Soldier Field and just bought two additional seated tickets for a friend for the June 4 show at Soldier Field.  I know that GA tickets are paperless, but I thought that seated tickets were not.  But, having purchased them, it appears as though they in fact are paperless as well.  Since I'll be leaving Chicago the day my fried will be coming into Chicago for the show, it's going to be difficult for me to get my credit card to them to use for admission.  Is there a way around this?

Offline weinerdog

• Stateless
Re: Transfer Seated Tickets?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 09:44:15 AM »
Cancel the card and mail it to your friend? The card will still get them in the venue and you won't have to worry if it somehow gets lost.

Offline kevin

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 10:10:24 AM »
Well, something like that may be the only way around it.  One problem with that idea, however, is that I need the card to get myself in on Saturday June 3  And I just hung up from TM.  No way to transfer tickets, seated or otherwise.  This policy, the agent said, is set by the tour and not by TM.  IMHO, that's a real shame.  On past tours, I have come to this board to buy, sell and trade tickets to other diehard U2 fans.  Apparently, those days are gone. 

Offline weinerdog

• Stateless
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 10:40:12 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well, something like that may be the only way around it.  One problem with that idea, however, is that I need the card to get myself in on Saturday June 3  And I just hung up from TM.  No way to transfer tickets, seated or otherwise.  This policy, the agent said, is set by the tour and not by TM.  IMHO, that's a real shame.  On past tours, I have come to this board to buy, sell and trade tickets to other diehard U2 fans.  Apparently, those days are gone.

Yeah it sucks for honest fans. You could ask your cc company for a duplicate and explain to them if needed.

Offline danielww2000

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 10:43:58 AM »
My friend used a cancelled cc, dup, for a Pearl Jam show and it worked.

Offline kevin

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 02:11:32 PM »
"Yeah it sucks for honest fans. You could ask your cc company for a duplicate and explain to them if needed."

That's a great idea, actually!  I can just get a duplicate card sent to me, let my friend use it and then cut it up after using it. 

Offline K2

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • light my way
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 09:54:55 PM »
I'm in kind of the same boat; I have 4 tickets for the same show, but my husband I are using seats and my son and his friend are going GA. My credit card and I need to be in 2 places at one time! Hoping I can go early with the kids and get them in, then meet up with my husband later. 

I might get a duplicate CC card and just give it to him - but what about the part where they check your photo ID? Still seems like I will have to be there.

I am trying not to worry about/overthink this.

Offline SpringStep

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 04:46:45 AM »
I know this has probably come up already, so, sorry for the probable repetition.  I bought two GA tickets for myself for June 3 at Soldier Field and just bought two additional seated tickets for a friend for the June 4 show at Soldier Field.  I know that GA tickets are paperless, but I thought that seated tickets were not.  But, having purchased them, it appears as though they in fact are paperless as well.  Since I'll be leaving Chicago the day my fried will be coming into Chicago for the show, it's going to be difficult for me to get my credit card to them to use for admission.  Is there a way around this?

Are all pre-sale tickets paperless?  And general sale tickets paper?  I am wanting to buy some tickets for the June 3rd show, but have been seeing notices on CC entry with paperless tickets.  Trying to make sense of it.

Offline weinerdog

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 11:32:21 AM »

Are all pre-sale tickets paperless?  And general sale tickets paper?  I am wanting to buy some tickets for the June 3rd show, but have been seeing notices on CC entry with paperless tickets.  Trying to make sense of it.

No, paperless is either all GA or the highest priced seats(although not all of them I think), regardless of whether purchased in the pre-sale or general sale. Except Boston, which has no paperless.