Author Topic: @U2 Podcast Episode 52: B-Side: Discussing Adam's Joshua Tree Setlist  (Read 758 times)

Offline ichris

• Babyface
  • Podcast Editor and Producer. Achtung Baby.
Our B-sides are 10 minutes (or less) quick discussions on something happening in the world of U2. Short on prep + quick thoughts to hopefully start more conversations and occasionally answer questions.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I know the setlist has been discussed a ton in here so we're probably not breaking new ground to the forum folks. :)

Chris.

Offline PopMart_1997

• Stateless
Re: @U2 Podcast Episode 52: B-Side: Discussing Adam's Joshua Tree Setlist
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 09:13:51 PM »
I like the idea of the band playing the album in sequence order, but building up to it first. Anyone who has seen bassist Peter Hook play Joy Division and New Order that way will know what that's like. He plays the albums in sequence, with b-sides and singles, all using album sounds! Live, it's a special treat!

Offline pdk

• Refugee
Re: @U2 Podcast Episode 52: B-Side: Discussing Adam's Joshua Tree Setlist
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 10:23:40 AM »
I think POP has a point and it is kind of the procedure.

Roger Waters Dark Side of The Moon

He did all the killer Floyd... the intermission and the heartbeat began to fade in.  It was awesome.

That would certainly work for Streets.  It has been mentioned that side 2 might have consecutive bathroom break material... but this is THE JOSHUA TREE.  One of the Iconic albums of the 80's.