Poll

How do you feel about the recent Bono / Pence thing ?

He's gone too far, I'm done with this guy
He's just doing whats needed to keep the money coming, sacrifices need to be made
Neutral, dont care either way
Smart man, way to go Bono !
Love it

Author Topic: How do you feel about the recent Bono / Pence thing ? - Dont discuss, just vote  (Read 2088 times)

Offline 30yearjt

• Babyface
No discussion, follow the rules. Just vote.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
The rules don't say that Bono meeting Pence can't be discussed - the rules say that adding own political 'commentary/views' aren't allowed and that the discussion has to be about 'u2' or in this case 'Bono'..then we get into the by definition subjective area of how what people say is interpreted by the rule makers/mods as people do talk.

My comments below for example should not fall foul of the rule...

For the record I am of the view that Bono isn't daft and he knows he can't bite the hand that feeds so to speak so he will play the game to ensure he can get the support he needs. You don't have to like or even agree with the people you 'work' with... In fact it is probably more important that you can manage a working relationship with people you don't agree with and 'like' than it is those you do...

I did laugh at the charm offensive though which was full of typical Bonoisms when cosying up!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 01:10:40 AM by an tha »

Offline This Dave

• Numb
If they are  going to ban people for discussing politics, how can a thread like this possibly exist? It's like a trap.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
A post has been removed and a member has been banned. Reminder about our rules on political commentary:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
Why can't people just play nice?

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
I voted for the first one, but I'm not done with him. I love their music.

Offline Hype

• Babyface
I listen to and love U2 for the music and live shows. The emotional journey of their music and live shows is it what I love and has been a catalyst for my musical experiences and discovery going back to my teenage years in the 80s. They have always had a political element that I do not always agree with, but I'm very happy for the awareness and thought provoking instigation on topics that I may have not been aware of otherwise.  I may have the opposite opinion at times but I'm a lot more open and encouraging of opposite points of view than I might have been. I'm also very much aware that no matter how strong my opinion is on a subject it may not be "absolutely" right and there should be openness to listen to opposing points of view. 

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
Where's the "I'm mad but I'm not done with them" option?

Offline MattD

• Headache in a Suitcase
Imagine the work they could get up to in the studio without pandering to the likes of Pence?

Offline pdk

• Refugee
Imagine the work they could get up to in the studio without pandering to the likes of Pence?

Bono has no choice.  Pence is the second in command to the supreme ruler.  He must bow down.

Offline JHook

• Numb
  • Your voice was all I heard.

The "pandering" was about a minute long. Humanitarian foundations often depend on foreign aid from the US. Hence the interaction. The Munich Security Conference always makes strange bedfellows, but if you're invited, diplomatic behavior is required.

Offline goldtoad

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Don't let the bastards grind you down
Just because you strongly disagree with someone politically doesn't mean you can't be civil and work with that person to get something done.  Many of us have to do that everyday. 

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
Just because you strongly disagree with someone politically doesn't mean you can't be civil and work with that person to get something done.  Many of us have to do that everyday.
Agreed. Not sure why anyone is surprised Bono met with him in the first place.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
If you're an attention-seeking media-w****, you'd meet Pence because the media will cover it. If you're genuinely trying to save lives that depend on US-PEPFAR program being renewed, you'd meet Pence.

Why wouldn't he meet Pence again?

Offline pdk

• Refugee
U2... fun for the whole family.   :)