Author Topic: will there be a Gold Circle?  (Read 2523 times)

Offline jayb77

• Wanderer
will there be a Gold Circle?
« on: March 03, 2009, 07:30:08 AM »

if u2 are going to have very cheap and very expensive tickets on this tour. is it more likely that they will have a gold circle around the stage where the most
expensive tickets will be. especially if the show is a 360 stage and if they are going to be asking say 150 for a ticket, then they will have to offer something worth while, maybe even an area inside
of the stage.

over the past few years people like madonna, prince, George Micheal and the rolling stones have all gone down this route. and i think u2 may be doing the same and the reason they will have very cheap tickets will be to offset any criticism of very high ticket prices.

do you think U2 should do this as only people with lots of money will be able to get up close to the band.

Offline spanner

• Numb
Re: will there be a Gold Circle?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 07:58:09 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

if u2 are going to have very cheap and very expensive tickets on this tour. is it more likely that they will have a gold circle around the stage where the most
expensive tickets will be. especially if the show is a 360 stage and if they are going to be asking say 150 for a ticket, then they will have to offer something worth while, maybe even an area inside
of the stage.

over the past few years people like madonna, prince, George Micheal and the rolling stones have all gone down this route. and i think u2 may be doing the same and the reason they will have very cheap tickets will be to offset any criticism of very high ticket prices.

do you think U2 should do this as only people with lots of money will be able to get up close to the band.
i think you queue up and you take your chance !!! the problems with the gold circle is that you would be like making it a corparate area where the real fans might not beable to afford the prices an you risk losing the atmosphere with people just standing there watching , im sure the band wouldn't want a load of suits at the front,and nobody to feed off

Offline jono2u

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "i was born to sing for you"
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 08:05:29 AM »
There better not be cos this is what ruined LIVE8 in london.All the fatcats down the front with their prawn sandwiches and their Pimms who walked in 2 mins before it started while the fans who queued through the night couldnt get near the stage >:(.It will be a disgrace if it happens but if i know u2 then i cant see it happening ;)

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 08:17:36 AM »
In the past, U2 made their floor tickets the cheapest and to get in the elipse it was random.  To get into the heart it was first come first serve.  I did not know this at the time and thought that the most expensive tickets were the ones that got you the closest to the band so I paid $150 and was in the first 10 rows up from the floor all the way across from the stage.  Next time I went I paid $45 and got GA.  I could be wrong, but I don't think U2 would change and start charging the most money to be the closest.

Offline spanner

• Numb
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 08:38:20 AM »
There better not be cos this is what ruined LIVE8 in london.All the fatcats down the front with their prawn sandwiches and their Pimms who walked in 2 mins before it started while the fans who queued through the night couldnt get near the stage >:(.It will be a disgrace if it happens but if i know u2 then i cant see it happening ;)
i agree i think they learned the lesson with the filming of the boston concert where people where selected should i say and it lacked some atmosphere . i think they will want proper fans up there who want to hear the music

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 09:13:33 AM »
The only workable solution is to have the gold circle for U2.com members only.

Offline EdgeFest [Zenmaster360]

• Airborne Ranger
  • My blog: mrstheedge.com
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 10:41:51 AM »

Heh heh... agreed!   ;D

Offline edgecentric

• Refugee
  • Some days have bouncers and won't let you in
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 01:03:50 PM »

Heh heh... agreed!   ;D

I can dig it! I have to drive 8 hours already and the whole "to GA or not to GA" issue is giving me anxiety attacks!

Offline oy_vey_mama

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 01:29:23 PM »

That's what I'm talkin' about!  ;D

I no longer have the time or energy to camp out all day and deal with the will I/won't I stress. I like to save it all up to unleash once the band hits the stage!

Offline cathalmc

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 02:10:28 PM »

I bought tickets to a couple of indoor concerts for the Zoo TV tour through my old Propaganda subscription. I hoped they'd be the best seats, they were way, way back from the stage.

Offline indiansummer

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 03:35:57 PM »
A u2.com member only sale for the gold circle would definitely be the fairest way to do it, then any leftover tickets would go on general sale.

Also would provide a better atomsphere in the front area.
Not sure if it was a London thing or not but at Twickenham on Vertigo there were many people who would clearly have been better off in the seats. Couples in their best theatre dress WTF !!  or groups of punters who clearly didn't know a Miracle Drug from a Yahweh !!

Personally, when Electric Co strikes up I don't want to look around at a sea of blank stares.....kind of kills the party don't you think.

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 08:08:29 PM »

What a great idea!  Hope you're reading this U2.com  ;)

Offline evel12314

• Elevated
  • Squeeze out sparks of light.
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 08:14:01 PM »

I second the motion!

Either that, or it will probably be the same less-complicated first-come-first-serve deal.