Author Topic: "Ordinary Love - Extraordinary Chorus" u2.com email  (Read 8739 times)

Spacejunk69

Re: "Ordinary Love - Extraordinary Chorus" u2.com email
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2017, 10:21:51 AM »
Yup. Terrible song, terrible idea. Don't U2 have enough (much better) songs and ideas to fill up a show than this.

Sad, very sad. Im scared for Vancouver and Seattle now.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2017, 10:28:53 AM »
I really can't believe they are considering this. With this tour they have an open slate to revisit songs that they normally wouldn't. Wasting a number on a horrible song with fans singing just doesn't make sense.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 10:39:43 AM »
i mean i'm sure they've got the "seldom played deep cuts" issue settled with tracks 5-11 of JT. the rest will be hits. this song isn't terrible but nothing they've done in the past decade is the anthem this idea would need to have to work.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 10:45:16 AM »
This is actually embarrassing

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 11:00:26 AM »
This is some marketing director's idea.  I'm sure they were consulted though.  I think it's a very underrated song.  Fans singing=bad idea

monopoly

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 11:11:52 AM »
I can see it now. The band on the tree stage. Looking at the screen. Just imagine the SFS VR video being played

Spacejunk69

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2017, 11:30:34 AM »
It will suck the life and energy out of the show. If any has been generated that is. Cringe worthy.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2017, 11:33:43 AM »
I have to agree with most of these comments...it just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Offline BalconyTV

• Numb
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2017, 11:35:58 AM »
I'm reading U2 At The End of the World as we speak. When they were conceptualizing ZooTV some of their scrapped ideas were bonkers. The whole concept of the album was out there.

Ordinary Love is appealing to U2 now because its easy for them to perform.

When did the band become so safe?

Was like that acoustic bit in the I and E tour. It was pretty easy for them to do, but was totally boring. The band need to get off that level of thinking. No Bono dueting with Edge on Piano bits please.

I wonder do they actually research with fans as to whether fans liked those bits. Whenever that Piano came up I just though... no no no.

B-Stage has worked on occasion for U2 when its one song and its rocking. But these slow easy ballads are boring as f

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2017, 11:40:24 AM »
I still say we all send in pics of us in 1987 don't have to put your name on it.  That would be funny to see on the screen

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2017, 11:41:07 AM »
Also I'm available for hire for even better ideas lol

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2017, 11:43:55 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm reading U2 At The End of the World as we speak. When they were conceptualizing ZooTV some of their scrapped ideas were bonkers. The whole concept of the album was out there.

Was like that acoustic bit in the I and E tour. It was pretty easy for them to do, but was totally boring. The band need to get off that level of thinking. No Bono dueting with Edge on Piano bits please.

I wonder do they actually research with fans as to whether fans liked those bits. Whenever that Piano came up I just though... no no no.

B-Stage has worked on occasion for U2 when its one song and its rocking. But these slow easy ballads are boring as f

If it's so easy to play then why did they almost ruin it at the Oscars? That performance is dreadful vocally.

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2017, 11:50:11 AM »

If it's so easy to play then why did they almost ruin it at the Oscars? That performance is dreadful vocally.
the oscars have really bad sound people they have major issues every year

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2017, 12:01:51 PM »
Oh great...this is one U2 song I never bothered to learn lyrics to. Now they expect me to do homework??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2017, 12:03:18 PM »

the oscars have really bad sound people they have major issues every year

It was Bono's ridiculous singing that butchered it. It was awful.