Author Topic: They're doing OL Full band album version?  (Read 1942 times)

monopoly

They're doing OL Full band album version?
« on: April 26, 2017, 06:27:33 PM »
I noticed the backing track they sent out is full band. This could be interesting...

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: They're doing OL Full band album version?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 08:28:17 AM »
I'd save it for the SOE Tour...just doesn't feel right for JT30...but who knows.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 10:19:15 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'd save it for the SOE Tour...just doesn't feel right for JT30...but who knows.

I agree. They've already got a limited setlist to play with in light of doing the full TJT album, why "waste" one of those coveted spots on OL? I mean I like the song, but it's in no way, shape or form on the same level as anything off AB or any of the other 80s albums. I'd rather they play it on the SoE tour.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 12:11:05 PM »
It's not really surprising they're playing the song if you consider the amount of hits it's had on YouTube. I would imagine the band probably use sites such as YouTube to measure the popularity of their songs.

Offline Mr. Sarajevo 20

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 01:04:16 PM »
Didn't say it wasn't a bit popular...In my opinion doesn't fit what I would expect from JT30.

How about God Part II instead...or Desire...Or Spanish Eyes...Or A Sort of Homecoming, etc.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 01:20:01 PM »
I'd hope that them being 'into' this song at present isn't any indication of where they are at stylistically and creatively right now.

Offline zoo adam

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 02:04:13 PM »
I would like them to play TJT in the order of the songs from the album. With no separate songs introdued  breaking up the order.

Nothing wrong with playing some extra songs afterwards. Providing they are from TJT era . Keep the vibe going. It is TJT tour after all.

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 02:14:41 PM »
I'd hope that them being 'into' this song at present isn't any indication of where they are at stylistically and creatively right now.
It probably doesn't mean anything. Remember the band's '90s swing during 360? That certainly wasn't a great indicator of what was to come, save Sleep Like A Baby Tonight and maybe The Troubles.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 02:17:39 PM »
It probably doesn't mean anything. Remember the band's '90s swing during 360? That certainly wasn't a great indicator of what was to come, save Sleep Like A Baby Tonight and maybe The Troubles.

I just assumed that was a 20 year anniversary nod.

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
They're doing OL Full band album version?
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 04:15:30 PM »
Could be wrong here, but I have a feeling that aside from the 10 TJT tracks, we will be hearing a bunch of tour warhorses and recent stuff...One, Elevation (sorry an tha), COBL, Vertigo, BD, OL and the rest...they probably consider the entire TJT side B as the deep cuts...

Based on last tour, I get the feeling that they are really trying to make OL a live warhorse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 04:29:39 PM by aviastar »

monopoly

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 06:12:46 PM »
I just want to hear at least one new song this tour. But I'm doubtful of it. September album release

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 08:23:38 PM »
Fourth anniversary of Ordinary Love.

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2017, 12:57:19 AM »
I just want to hear at least one new song this tour. But I'm doubtful of it. September album release
I really want this, too. I had some hope. But I think they won't dare. If they do it, it's not the first show, maybe late in the EU-leg. September album release? Yes please! Otherwise September 2018 :(

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2017, 02:33:30 AM »
Fourth anniversary of Ordinary Love.

Yeah nah... I'm not feeling old.

I said it four years ago (crikey) that OL is a great song that the rest of the band couldn't figure out how to play. Bono is perfect, lyrics are great, melody and hook are fantastic... but rest of the band sound like they're unsure what to do. They kinda almost nailed it for 20 seconds when they performed at the Oscars or wherever it was.

Maybe they've finally figured out how to play this song?

Offline achtungx

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Lillywhite Called Me a Naughty British Slang Word
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2017, 08:22:12 AM »
Seriously, if that's the case, they've given up the creative ghost. Call it a day, boys.

Not too much, as a fan, to ask that they focus on mind-blowing music and lyrics as tight as Achtung Baby. Hell, even mediocre songs with tighter lyrics would be an improvement over claptrap like OL (ex. that one version of Breathe with the Nelson Mandela lyrics blows the NLOTH version lyrics away - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login )

Poetry not Platitudes.