Author Topic: Name performers who have Top 40 Hot 100 hits in the 80's, 90's, 00's, and 10's. There is only 4.  (Read 1410 times)

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WookieeWarrior10

Alright, Bono got his wish! Can we get back to making good music now?

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
uh, Springsteen and McCartney haven't? that's odd.

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
Yeah I know. McCartney just barely misses out. He's had some in the 60s (Beatles), 70s (solo/wings), 80s (solo), 90s (Beatles), 10s (with Kanye West). That live version of Sgt Pepper with U2 hit 48 in 2005, so close to having one in six decades. Dance Tonight also came close but not top 40. Five out of six is impressive though.

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
uh, Springsteen and McCartney haven't? that's odd.

Nope, Springsteen hasn't. He had top 40 singles in the 70s, 80s, 90s, but none since the 90s ("The Rising" charted at 52). You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I think McCartney wouldn't qualify because some of his hits came with the Beatles (not solo) in specific decades. That's why, for the same reason, Bono/The Edge's "hit" with Jay Z and Rihanna does not count, but U2's "hit" with Kendrick does count because the whole band was credited for that one.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Bit of a stretch in my view to claim this....seems the rules are very loose on this chart as all 14 songs off the album have 'charted' and for me personally a 'featuring' isn't a 'real' u2 release.

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
Hmmmmm record setting in music - usually a fools exercise. If records were the most important thing, 360 - not Zoo TV - would be U2s most important tour. By Grammy count, Atomic Bomb their best album (with JT in third and Achtung,Baby in fifth with just one win). If records were to be believed, U2 is bigger in the U.K. Than the Beatles because they had 34 UK top 10 hits, compared to the Beatles 26. In other words - in music, records mean nothing.