Author Topic: Bonnaroo schedule is out -- U2 allotted 90 minutes for headlining slot  (Read 7069 times)

monopoly

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm hoping they'll play a totally different set. Not because I don't like the set of their tour. But I would love to see The Fly being played. It's been a while

I love the Fly too, but I wouldn't expect much different from what they're doing on the tour.  It's the set they've rehearsed.  This isn't a band that usually has a lot of material ready at any one time.

Bono still can't play guitar too

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
I thought Bonnaroo was the long-awaited Australian tour, a play on Bono and kangaroo. Hell, we had Zoomerang.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
If you are a SiriusXM subscriber you will be able to listen to all three days on Spectrum and AltNation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
Livestream sched here; U2's not on it:   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose

Off topic, but my god that website is horrible. I'm using 10GB/per second internet right now, and it still loads and freezes like it's 1999.

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
Ticket sales this year for Bonnaroo were only around 45 000. Could be in danger of losing that festival. I can see the biggest festival in Scotland going the same way. Several yrs back, organisers decided to move location. That move HUGELY affected attendance figures. So this year, they are "having a break", but there is a replacement festival in Glasgow (Radiohead are headling the Friday night, which i wanted to go and see, but im due to Fly to London for u2 gigs the following morn). But ticket sales for the replacement festival are also struggling.
I cant help but think that Festivals could well be a thing of the past. There just isnt the quality of headliners now, compared to the past.
Its a sad day when the headliner acts are DJs.......miming to pre recorded set  >:( #SodThat

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
This is why they did Bonnaroo:

"It's not every day you get to see Bono intimidated by a crowd, and this is a band that's at its best when it has something to prove."

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
This is why they did Bonnaroo:

"It's not every day you get to see Bono intimidated by a crowd, and this is a band that's at its best when it has something to prove."

see this is why i like them doing it. it's light years out of their comfort zone. playing in front of millennials they pi**ed off with SOI's release.

how'd it turn out?

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
Good reviews, won them some new fans. Bold move that paid off.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
Ticket sales this year for Bonnaroo were only around 45 000.

That was last year. This year was 65k-70k.

a review: