Author Topic: Official Chicago (2) Thread ** Spoilers** 4 June 2017  (Read 5124 times)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Official Chicago (2) Thread ** Spoilers** 4 June 2017
« on: May 12, 2017, 02:11:58 PM »
All Things Chicago 2

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
Re: Official Chicago (2) Thread ** Spoilers** 4 June 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 02:18:51 PM »
So we have GA tickets, but they are in the red zone? What does that mean and how early should we get there?

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 02:21:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So we have GA tickets, but they are in the red zone? What does that mean and how early should we get there?

You would probably know if they were Red Zone because they cost a ton of money each. If so, there's a specific entrance for that and a place for them to stand on the field, which is on the right side of the catwalk. I believe it's located just to the east of the South Gate at Soldier Field.

I imagine there's already a line there for people who want a spot on the rail. But if you're not particularly picky on where to stand, there should be plenty of room in the back half to walk and move around. If you did want to be close somewhere, I wouldn't imagine a scene where you can't get within a few rows of somewhere if you get in early enough around the time the Lumineers start to play.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 02:23:07 PM by trevgreg »

Offline octoberreckoning

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 02:23:03 PM »

You would probably know if they were Red Zone because they cost a ton of money each. If so, there's a specific entrance for that and a place for them to stand on the field, which is on the right side of the catwalk. I believe it's located just to the east of the South Gate at Soldier Field.

U2
Soldier Field
Sunday, June 4th at 7PM

We want to ensure you have a great time at U2 tonight and are clear about how to best get IN!  Here are some notes….

If you purchased General Admission Floor 'paperless' tickets, you must enter at the South end of Solder Field at Gate Zero.
Just show the credit card used for purchase and a photo ID at the entrance, receive your Field Access wristband, and you’re IN!

If you purchased the Red Zone package please proceed to Will Call to pick up your tickets and entrance instructions.

If you purchased tickets for the Main seating area, you can enter through any of the other stadium gates.  This includes reserved seating ‘paperless’ tickets.

With Paperless Tickets (credit card entry), please be sure to bring the credit card used to purchase and go directly to your entry gate. If you purchased tickets for friends, you must all enter together as tickets cannot be transferred to other credit cards. If you have both Field GA and Reserved Seats on the same credit card, please go directly to the nearest Box Office Resolution windows located on the north and south ends of the stadium with your credit card and picture ID.

Have Fun!

Ticketmaster fan Support.

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 02:40:49 PM »

I imagine there's already a line there for people who want a spot on the rail. But if you're not particularly picky on where to stand, there should be plenty of room in the back half to walk and move around. If you did want to be close somewhere, I wouldn't imagine a scene where you can't get within a few rows of somewhere if you get in early enough around the time the Lumineers start to play.
When would you advise leaving to get good room but not exactly the rail? We are new to this, and yes, we indeed are red zone

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 02:46:29 PM »

Ugh. Parent is insisting on taking a nap. Not gonna get there until later.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 02:49:05 PM »

Ugh. Parent is insisting on taking a nap. Not gonna get there until later.
Start banging cymbals...U2 show day is NOT nap time!

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 02:51:33 PM »
lol at riffraff...

Not sure on exact time. I was at the b-stage last night and I didn't notice too many people moving towards the rail until the Lumineers were in the middle of their set, which started sometime between 7 and 7:30. I'd suggest trying to make the opening act to ensure a decent standing spot. But like I said, the back half is fairly open too. So you might be able to get a good view of somewheres regardless. Definitely the main stage anyway, since most of the time you're at the b-stage, you're only staring at their backs.

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 02:56:41 PM »
lol at riffraff...

Not sure on exact time. I was at the b-stage last night and I didn't notice too many people moving towards the rail until the Lumineers were in the middle of their set, which started sometime between 7 and 7:30. I'd suggest trying to make the opening act to ensure a decent standing spot. But like I said, the back half is fairly open too. So you might be able to get a good view of somewheres regardless. Definitely the main stage anyway, since most of the time you're at the b-stage, you're only staring at their backs.
Oh so that puts things in a different light. So if we make it by the opening act, we just gotta be good at maneuvering and we should get close to the rail? Just trying to establish a strategy here, sorry.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 03:02:44 PM by redrunningred »

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 03:54:05 PM »
lol at riffraff...

Oh so that puts things in a different light. So if we make it by the opening act, we just gotta be good at maneuvering and we should get close to the rail? Just trying to establish a strategy here, sorry.
It depends, but I would say that if you get there by then, you probably won't be disappointed. Rail along the front and back of stages with catwalk is pretty long too, keep in mind.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 04:18:36 PM »
Lined up around 4:45. Got in about 25+ minutes later and am 4-5 rows behind Larry's drum kit, with solid centerish view of the main stage (which was what I would've wanted, if possible). Second night, so should be fun!

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 12:08:02 PM by trevgreg »

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2017, 04:23:15 PM »
Trevgreg, you are my new hero...just for being there 2 nights in a row, in EXCELLENT positions!

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
Official Chicago (2) Thread ** Spoilers** 4 June 2017
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2017, 04:35:01 PM »
I'm here!  I love my wife for having the patience of dealing with a super fan husband and my need to get here so early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkvisitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 04:37:13 PM by aviastar »

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2017, 04:39:16 PM »
At the show.... again! Close to the b stage - right side and 6 rows back from it. Close to the main stage too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2017, 04:44:57 PM »
Trevgreg, you are my new hero...just for being there 2 nights in a row, in EXCELLENT positions!
I try, I try. ;) Knowing I wasn't going to line up today, I was realistically going to be happy getting whatever place. But getting a bit closer to the main one tonight should be a different but nice experience this time around!

Doesn't sound like you're too far from me either Jen! Hope everyone's night here turns out just as fun.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 05:26:36 PM by trevgreg »