Author Topic: Official Chicago (2) Thread ** Spoilers** 4 June 2017  (Read 5136 times)

Offline Number1U2fan

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "we're one..but we're not the same..."
Re: Official Chicago (2) Thread ** Spoilers** 4 June 2017
« Reply #75 on: June 04, 2017, 10:33:48 PM »
Seattle and LA1 still has the best setlist so far.

monopoly

« Reply #76 on: June 04, 2017, 10:39:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Seattle and LA1 still has the best setlist so far.

No little things though

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #77 on: June 04, 2017, 11:13:13 PM »
Wow. Just. Wow. Everyone said my first U2 concert would be a near religious experience. They didnt go far enough. What an incredible performance. I will post a more thorough review later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2017, 12:30:45 AM »
I was there tonight in GA along the rail behind Larry's kit.  Awesome show!!!!  I was hoping they'd be touring something new, but it was worth to finally scream my guts out to ASOH and Little Things.  Funny thing, I'm  always on the "ban the warhorses" team on this forum but f**k they get me every time.  As much as I sigh over seeing Elevation or Pride still in the list, I'm always jumping and down with everyone else.  U2 is like pizza, all of it's good.

Like everyone else, the head scratcher is the encore.  I like MS and Ultraviolet, but not for this show.  But they're never going to have the perfect list, ever.  They could play the entire Pop album w/ Acrobat as the closer, and people would still find something that doesn't work (trolling).

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
Official Chicago (2) Thread ** Spoilers** 4 June 2017
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2017, 01:04:33 AM »
It seemed like, in my section...from RHMT through MS very few people were into it at all....that's a stretch of 7 songs where people aren't really sure what the songs are.  I would bet these people came for the 1-2-3 of TJT, and also to hear BD and Elevation.  This section of the show is for us die-hards, and it showed.

As a die hard, I loved this show...I got ASOH, TJT Side 2, RHMT, UV, MS, Little Things.  It was a treasure trove.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 01:06:28 AM by aviastar »

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2017, 01:21:01 AM »
It seemed like, in my section...from RHMT through MS very few people were into it at all....that's a stretch of 7 songs where people aren't really sure what the songs are.  I would bet these people came for the 1-2-3 of TJT, and also to hear BD and Elevation.  This section of the show is for us die-hards, and it showed.

As a die hard, I loved this show...I got ASOH, TJT Side 2, RHMT, UV, MS, Little Things.  It was a treasure trove.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agreed on the fan service part. You would think that playing their most successful album would be more pandering to the casuals then a conventional set, but TJT B side is full of songs casuals will in no way recognize, so it actually probably provides equal if not more hardcore fan service then a conventional set. That, combined with ASOH, UV, make for a great show for hardcore fans.

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #81 on: June 05, 2017, 01:21:45 AM »
Also i gotta say, it takes guts to end your show with a new song. New songs are generally pee pee brakes for more casual fans, so you put them smack in the middle.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #82 on: June 05, 2017, 07:44:00 AM »
Video taken last night. Might say that I prefer the second night of the two I saw! Great show.

In God's Country: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Trip Through Your Wires:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

One:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #83 on: June 05, 2017, 07:52:35 AM »
Video taken last night. Might say that I prefer the second night of the two I saw! Great show.

In God's Country: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Trip Through Your Wires:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

One:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Your vids are better than anything else on youtube  THANK YOU!

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #84 on: June 05, 2017, 08:28:55 AM »
You're very welcome! So glad I was able to do a little bit in helping bring the experience home to you. :)

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #85 on: June 05, 2017, 09:02:29 AM »
You're very welcome! So glad I was able to do a little bit in helping bring the experience home to you. :)
:) You are a good man!

Offline wik73

• Numb
Official Chicago (2) Thread ** Spoilers** 4 June 2017
« Reply #86 on: June 05, 2017, 09:26:54 AM »
I would switch out Ultra violet for Mysterious ways switch ASOH for Bad. I saw both night and Bad fit better in my opinion.

Offline SpringStep

• Babyface
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2017, 03:50:54 PM »
At the show last night and I must say the biggest surprise was Elevation.  For a song that is trashed all the time here, I was quite surprised to see how crazy the GA folks got when it came on.  I am not the biggest fan of it, but last night it really got the crowd into it.  And also makes me think they will play it until they quit.

Offline Dupo24

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2017, 04:28:17 PM »
I was standing literally about 4 feet from you to your left (towards the catwalk). I may be in some of your pictures :)

Lined up around 4:45. Got in about 25+ minutes later and am 4-5 rows behind Larry's drum kit, with solid centerish view of the main stage (which was what I would've wanted, if possible). Second night, so should be fun!visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 04:30:23 PM by Dupo24 »

Offline Dupo24

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #89 on: June 05, 2017, 04:50:56 PM »
Here we are :)

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login