Author Topic: Official Boston Thread ** Spoilers** 25 June 2017  (Read 4613 times)

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
Re: Official Boston Thread ** Spoilers** 25 June 2017
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2017, 11:19:05 PM »
Whoohoo also glad the Little Things came back!

Offline MysteriousFly

• Babyface
  • I believe in the powers that be..wont overpower me
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2017, 02:16:55 AM »
Yeah definitely an amazing show all around! I felt like Edge's guitar drowned out some of the other instruments on certain songs but overall no complaints. A strong performance by the band tonight. 

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2017, 02:39:58 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The "line" started last Thursday, which is ridiculous. They couldn't access the stadium property and had to keep moving around because of loitering issues. People who didn't join the "line" until today still got amazing spots, even rail spots.

On a funnier note, people are already asking in Minneapolis if the line has started already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a very easy way to sort all this and it just involves the masses refusing to recognise any other queue/order than the one that is physically made at the venue and recognised by the venue.

The venues of course have to engage.

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2017, 04:58:50 AM »
Exactly.

Offline U2Fan

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Everything in the f****** hotel is brown.
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2017, 05:18:56 AM »
Walked in a little after 5pm. No line at all. Got spot 5 people deep to right of B stage. Absolutely no issues with security. The problem is with the fan line "leaders" who think they control GA for a couple hundred of their friends. There are 9800 other people in GA that don't agree with you.

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2017, 05:21:26 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Walked in a little after 5pm. No line at all. Got spot 5 people deep to right of B stage. Absolutely no issues with security. The problem is with the fan line "leaders" who think they control GA for a couple hundred of their friends. There are 9800 other people in GA that don't agree with you.
AMEN

Offline DerekBarnett

• Babyface
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2017, 07:15:10 AM »
Show was amazing. This was my 14th overall U2 show and third stadium tour (Pop Mart and 360 the others). I personally like stadium shows better than indoor venues. I like the feel of being outside in perfect weather with a great view of the entire set-up. This show was the best outdoor show I have seen so far. The staging and sound were amazing. We had perfect seats that were stage left with a perfect view of everything. I knew we would be clear of the relay towers when I bought the tickets.

I have to say Bono's voice was one of the best I have ever heard. He was hitting most of the major highs in most of the songs. Sure a few like RHMT he purposely hits the lower octave, but for 57 with thousands of concerts over 40+ years he was like a kid in stage. Truly magical. For me the show was 3 shows - Pre JT, JT and post JT. Pre JT songs were amazing. Crowd was loving it and the clarity of the sound system was amazing. When Streets started that was magic moment # 1 of the night. By far my favorite song ever (not just favorite U2 song) and this version did not disappoint. After seeing countless vids of previous JT shows, seeing it in person was amazing. That screen is such a big part of the show, like it always is.

The 2nd side of JT I was excited to hear in person. Most of the tunes I had never heard live. My favorite song on side 2 is MOTD. I love the guitar work on that. The crowd didn't get the Oh Oh OOOOHHHHH until the second time around. Meanwhile I was screaming it out each time. IGC and Wires were tremendous to finally hear. Exit was magic moment # 2 for me. That song is great but IMO the screen and the amazing video effects are what make this song a complete must see spectacle. Loved how they do that song with the screen. Shadow Man is very cool.

Post JT songs were a complete low and then back to a high. Miss S honestly needs to go. It drained all the life out of the place. Everyone was just standing there motionless. When you look on the stage and see Bono standing there during the Pavarotti parts, that just does not work. Years back when he sang those parts it was truly magical. Now it just is a waste of a song. Put in something like Please and that could help it. I get the message part of it, but the song itself just has no energy.

The 1-2 punch of Elevation and Vertigo is what got this crowd up, like other venues. Both songs absolutely rocked. Crowd was pumped and they sounded great. I love the over-the-shoulder shot of Larry during Elevation. That one view shows how the crowd is raging. Vertigo was killer. I like the screen red trippy view. And of course the matching yellow light L-R sequence that is now a staple for this song. Very cool.

All in all this was one of my favorite shows I have seen. Well worth the coin for me. They wont be around forever.

Offline Mercurial

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2017, 07:43:41 AM »
They should put in HMTMKMKM instead of Miss Sarajevo. I'd even take GOYB. The theme of "Boots" would work, too.

Offline davis

• Stateless
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2017, 04:22:58 PM »
My 21st show.  I was center GA, not far from the B-stage.  Loved the setlist, start to finish.  I thought Miss Sarajevo, and accompanying video, was incredibly powerful.  Both pre and post Joshua Tree sets were perfect to me.  The flow of the encore was stupendous.  Loved the new song live (I hadn't been that impressed on Youtube).  If anything, I found some of the JT standards (I Still Haven't Found... and Without or Without You) a little lackluster.  Bullet was amazing, as was Exit (the highlight of the show for me).  Running and Mothers were also tremendously moving.  It's funny, songs I can take or leave--Elevation and Vertigo--are so damn electrifying and fun live.  And the screen was incredible and incredibly well used.  Bravo once again U2.

Offline acrobat62

• Elevated
  • I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2017, 06:54:59 AM »
Thoughts of a fan (not Uber) that has not missed a North American Tour since TJT87 and been following them since 1983

Highlights:
They opened the show on the B-Stage, that was great, no screen, minimal lights used to perfect effect.
Compared to I&E and 360, the whole show was a fairly low tech affair, seemed to be much more about the music and performance.  The single large screen was used masterfully, but did not dominate.
Not obviously choreographed like I&E
Little audience involvement in that not pulling people up on stage, spraying water, meerkating etc, again was about the music and performance, great!
They played together a lot, what I mean is the four of them were not spread out all over the stage very much, but the were grouped pretty closely either on the B stage or main stage for a majority of the show.
BAD, while I have been to multiple shows, this tune, for whatever reason, has been a rarity, so that was great
Ultraviolet
We got TLTTGYA back as the closer, very nice to hear and see live
Exit was fantastic and this shows overall high point for me

The only glaring low point for me was:
Miss Sarajevo, listening to the Pavarotti piece recorded, while Bono stood there on the stage doing nothing was a bit disheartening.  If he can't sing the opera part anymore, which is fine, but has been a high point especially on the Vertigo tour, can the tune and replace it with something he can sing with equal or more impact for the moment.

This show easily ranks in my top 4-5 overall that I have seen and was better for me then I&E, heck the core source material is of course much stonger so how could they go wrong.  I'd say of the 00 shows so far, it's probably tied for second with the Vertigo shows, with the second 360 show I saw in Montreal as top.

Great job boys, can't wait to see you again, but will enjoy this addition to my U2 memories for the next few years.