Author Topic: *NO* Spoilers Review? Please?  (Read 580 times)

Offline andwise

• Wanderer
*NO* Spoilers Review? Please?
« on: May 13, 2017, 08:10:21 AM »
Hey gang,

I was hoping someone who attended last night's show could provide some non-spoiler details. I am attending the two Rose Bowl shows next weekend and I want to be surprised...but not following the festivities last night is driving me crazy!

1) How was the show overall? Is the band in top form? What about Bono's voice? And please tell me his hair isn't blonde...

2) Setlist: while we essentially already know half of the setlist with the "Joshua Tree" album, was the rest of the show a good mix of the back catalogue? How many songs were played? 22? 23?

3) How was the sound in the stadium? Better than 360 or worse? Was the crowd into it?

4) Did Larry smile at all? Even once?  :D

Thank you in advance...I am doing my best to hold for another 7 days, but it's been a struggle so far. Any non-spoiler details are appreciated!

Jason

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
Re: *NO* Spoilers Review? Please?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 01:01:31 PM »
I've been trying to do the same, only I'm holding out for almost a month. It seems like it was a great show, and that there are some other little surprises throughout.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 01:32:37 PM »
First, good on ya for wanting to be surprised. I'm the same way. hehe :)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

1) How was the show overall? Is the band in top form? What about Bono's voice? And please tell me his hair isn't blonde...

Great!  8) (you have to ask?)
- Depends upon the venue, how many shows you've been to & where you are in the venue.
I'm still digesting but overall enjoyed it. Stunning visuals to say the least & was thrilled to hear certain songs.
You'll have a blast - enjoy! Hope you have two different vantage points at your shows.

SoCruel put a great review up but that has spoilers. Agree with his points. I'll add, I saw them 30 yrs ago in same venue & the shows are black & white. Different experiences entirely & in every way.

Would say band is in relative fine form for the 1st show of JT30 tour (and relative to their age *cough* & crowd age *cough*) ;) They'll hit their stride as they always do & probably change the setlist a bit too. 

Most importantly & thankfully not blonde anymore!  ;D

2) Setlist: while we essentially already know half of the setlist with the "Joshua Tree" album, was the rest of the show a good mix of the back catalogue? How many songs were played? 22? 23?

Some warhorses remain that I personally could do without for various reasons but I get why they do them. And on this tour. There are some interesting treatments of some songs, that I def. want to re-listen in the videos.  A couple things fell a bit flat but no spoilers. I'm happy & grateful they are still together, creating & playing, doing what they do. 

3) How was the sound in the stadium? Better than 360 or worse? Was the crowd into it?

I was on the floor & sound was pretty good. Hard to say if same or worse than 360 & IE.  Crowd was good - have been in better crowds before but remember this is a JT30 tour. Pet peeve - too many phones blocking sightlines.

Larry? You have to ask?  LOL

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 08:54:51 PM »
The show is great, glad I'm going to a 2nd... since you know a lot of the set list is likely JT I'll say it's a good mix. Larry doesn't smile. :)

Offline Achtungbaby23

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 09:06:06 AM »
Thanks for starting this post. It's the only one I've been able to read as I am waiting for Pasadena as well. Just yesterday I told my husband two things- I hope his hair isn't blonde and I hope he doesn't spend any time bagging on Trump. I got one wish. How about the other?

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2017, 09:09:04 AM »
Thanks for starting this post. It's the only one I've been able to read as I am waiting for Pasadena as well. Just yesterday I told my husband two things- I hope his hair isn't blonde and I hope he doesn't spend any time bagging on Trump. I got one wish. How about the other?

Bono is always political, like it or not.

Offline andwise

• Wanderer
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2017, 09:11:22 AM »
Thanks for all of the details, p8ru2! You've made the wait a little easier :)

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2017, 09:20:47 AM »
You're welcome. :D  Know it's REALLY hard to resist but with so few fun surprises in life - it's well worth it, imo.
Like getting a Christmas or birthday present. Or a new album release w/ no leaks!  haha