Author Topic: 30 years Achtung Baby tour in 2021!  (Read 3315 times)

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
Re: 30 years Achtung Baby tour in 2021!
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2017, 06:58:13 AM »
It would be interesting to see a 61 year old Bono and the boys performing an album that requires even more onstage energy than TJT did.  I mean, just watch videos of Zoo TV Tour and it looks like it takes some athleticism to pull it off.

What about the 10 year anniversary of No Line in 2019?  Will that album finally get some love an attention with a 2019 Stand Up Comedy tour?

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
  • She moves in mysterious ways
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2017, 07:35:00 AM »
Agree but the songs and vocals are enough energy Bono doesn't need to be jumping all around the crowd will do it for them.

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2017, 08:37:53 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Agree but the songs and vocals are enough energy Bono doesn't need to be jumping all around the crowd will do it for them.
Except many of us are getting older, too! Haha. I recently told my husband I need to get into shape before Chicago as I know I'm gonna get winded from jumping around unlike , well, even a few years ago. 😄

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2017, 08:39:23 AM »
Except many of us are getting older, too! Haha. I recently told my husband I need to get into shape before Chicago as I know I'm gonna get winded from jumping around unlike , well, even a few years ago. 😄
This is why I work out to U2 music each day!

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2017, 08:40:42 AM »
Good for you! I've been pretty lazy other than walking the dogs every day

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2017, 08:50:38 AM »
Walking is great exercise...I walk lots of dogs...I sing to them, and for some reason they still love me!

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2017, 08:59:43 AM »
😀

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2017, 10:50:12 AM »
I hope that if U2 do decide to commemorate Achtung Baby that it doesn't involve recreating Zoo TV. That's untouchable.

Think more along the lines of updating less than recreating. It could be awesome...hey who would have thought JT30 is happening during I/E tour ? If they're prepared to do this with JT, I don't see why Achtung would get anything less. Right ?

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2017, 03:10:41 PM »
Walking is great exercise...I walk lots of dogs...I sing to them, and for some reason they still love me!
I am the same age as Bono somehow when attending a U2 concert my adrenaline is up dramatically and the ambiance and music sets it in high mode . I hear what you are saying.

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2017, 04:22:55 PM »
The opening night of this years JT tour gave me goosebumps and it's incredible but AB is my favourite U2 album and if they decided to do exactly that then I think it'll be the greatest tour they would have done. I could actually see them calling it a day after that tour if they was to do it.

I think after this tour is complete its going to get many people talking about it so I like to think it will be considered at least

Offline mariamontreal

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2017, 04:27:45 PM »
They always have sang some AB songs in each concert to me it's doable .I really hope they consider  doing a tour.

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2017, 04:44:07 PM »
The opening night of this years JT tour gave me goosebumps and it's incredible but AB is my favourite U2 album and if they decided to do exactly that then I think it'll be the greatest tour they would have done. I could actually see them calling it a day after that tour if they was to do it.

I think after this tour is complete its going to get many people talking about it so I like to think it will be considered at least
I would love if they did AB. Bring on the nostalgia,whatever anyone wants to call it! I'm with ya! 

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2017, 04:45:36 PM »

I would love if they did AB. Bring on the nostalgia,whatever anyone wants to call it! I'm with ya!

And that would mean we would hear Zoo Station at every show. And I'm certainly ok with that!!

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2017, 04:48:16 PM »

And that would mean we would hear Zoo Station at every show. And I'm certainly ok with that!!
That gets my old lady dancing feet going every time (and mofo...but that's a different album. )Hey! They should just do them all!

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2017, 04:56:47 PM »

That gets my old lady dancing feet going every time (and mofo...but that's a different album. )Hey! They should just do them all!
ohmygosh! If they did all of POP, then all of AB...I'm not sure I could survive that!