Author Topic: U2AlwaysForever review of first night SPOILERS  (Read 554 times)

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
U2AlwaysForever review of first night SPOILERS
« on: May 13, 2017, 09:07:47 PM »
Ok I'm typing from my phone which I hate so you get a nice shorter review (Edit: medium Haha)...

I've been first row, last row, met Bono and Larry, so getting to GA early is no longer a necessity. I arrive at 630 and based on the line I decide I don't like Mumford and Sons as much as I thought and get a beer nearby. When I return the line has doubled. I'm starting to fear I wasted money and a flight to Canada from USA to catch maybe only the encore, the line was huge and not moving, then out of nowhere we are all admitted without even checking out tickets or credit cards, get a pretty decent position center stage on the floor... onto the show...

Larry opening incredible, well deserved for him, chronological song order was really cool.

A Sort of home coming was my fave of opening set but prob because I never heard it.

The Crowd will go nuts once the meat and pototoes begins, and it's worth it, hearing the album in full is so inspiring, but it also makes me fear if they do this for Achtung it will likely bankrupt me!

WOWY: this was my 27th U2 show, odd hearing it so early but still amazing once Bullet comes on its confirmed they are playing the album.
RHT was great! As far as performance, video was blah
The whole album plays well and the band sounds amazing, for the 2nd half Exit and Mothers of the disappeared strike me as the most powerful.

Beautiful day, classic and always will be

Elevation: great performance but I would have rathered a different piece, Vertigo, or the Miracle

Ultraviolet: at first when he starts talking about women I fear it's Mysterious Ways, don't get me wrong, nice piece but not my fave. Instead it's Ultraviolet. EXTREMELY MOVING TO ME, maybe my favorite part of the show, honestly almost brought me to tears.

Miss Sarejevo: great performance great Video, but just out of place for the tour, if they wanted to talk about the refugees and play this video it could be under One just as easily, it's not aids, but it's human life and it would fit.

And of course... the whole time, the whole damn show... my mind is thinking about Songs of Innocence, that album means so much to me and I know most people like old U2, but I'm 36 probably the middle of fan ages, I came on in 1996, and I love new U2, I want so bad to hear a songs of innocence song... never had I imagined I'd hear the Songs of Experience instead.

Perfect night. With the setlist predictably not changing for 11 songs I think I'm good going to only 2 shows this time around. Thank you U2 for now 21 years of being my favorite band.  Ill see them and some of you in Miami!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 09:14:38 PM by U2alwaysforever »

monopoly

Re: U2AlwaysForever review of first night SPOILERS
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 11:22:23 PM »
Did you follow any spoilers?

Offline U2alwaysforever

• Staring at the Sun
  • "And you can dream, so dream out loud."
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 11:44:37 PM »
Nope, 2nd time since 1996 I didn't follow any.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 10:11:40 AM »
Great review - thx for sharing