Author Topic: View from the less desirable seats?  (Read 987 times)

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
  • I need you to elevate me here
View from the less desirable seats?
« on: May 15, 2017, 03:49:33 PM »
I got tickets to the DC show, but ended up with less than optimal seats (happy to be going, but still).  The people I am going with wanted actual seats, so no GA, and I didn't want to spend $280 per ticket plus fees, so we ended up in section 402, Edge's side, WAY up there, along the side of the stage.  It looks like the view of the B-stage will be great, but it also looks like we won't really be able to see the screen much.  Some of that may be impacted by how far back the stage is placed.

For those of you that have been at the shows in a similar section, how bad is the view?  If you were far left or far right, did that impact the show for you?  Do I need to be worried, or will we be able to at least see part of the screen?

Thanks in advance.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
Re: View from the less desirable seats?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2017, 04:00:43 PM »
Possibly this?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This looks like the second level, and almost as far over as we are.  Maybe we will see some of it.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2017, 04:14:32 PM »
Depends how much to the side you are. Probably only a few sections to the very side of the stage will be affected, and even then you'd have a partial view of the screen.

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2017, 06:03:05 PM »
Depends how much to the side you are. Probably only a few sections to the very side of the stage will be affected, and even then you'd have a partial view of the screen.
The furthest over is 401 and we are mid 402, so we may be in one of those sections.  As long as we have a partial view of the screen I'll be ok with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wambui24

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 10:31:06 PM »
At the Vancouver show I was in one of the side sections closest to the stage, and I had a partial view of the screen.  While some is better than none, I really feel like I missed out on the overall grand effects of the screen with songs like Streets, where being able to take in the whole screen adds to the experience tremendously (or so I've gathered after watching videos after the fact.) I had no idea until seeing photos later that B stage is like a shadow of the tree on the screen, and I completely missed the band standing together in front of the red screen beneath the tree as the song was starting.  If I had it to do again, I'd go GA or further towards the back of the stadium, just to have the center view of the stage. 

BUT that being said, it was still an amazing show.  I can't complain too much about being able to see my favorite band in concert again.  😉

monopoly

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 11:48:51 PM »
I'd rather be at the top to the side, then first row on the opposite end of the stadium.

Offline the_beard_with_no_name

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2017, 10:58:22 AM »
I got tickets to the DC show, but ended up with less than optimal seats (happy to be going, but still).  The people I am going with wanted actual seats, so no GA, and I didn't want to spend $280 per ticket plus fees, so we ended up in section 402, Edge's side, WAY up there, along the side of the stage.  It looks like the view of the B-stage will be great, but it also looks like we won't really be able to see the screen much.  Some of that may be impacted by how far back the stage is placed.

For those of you that have been at the shows in a similar section, how bad is the view?  If you were far left or far right, did that impact the show for you?  Do I need to be worried, or will we be able to at least see part of the screen?

Thanks in advance.

This could help- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Use the Google, type in whatever section, row, venue you are sitting. For example 'view from section 402 at fedex field'

Offline EdgeUK8_my_mind

• Desert Rose
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2017, 07:39:26 PM »

Thanks in advance.

This could help- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Use the Google, type in whatever section, row, venue you are sitting. For example 'view from section 402 at fedex field'
Actually I tried that, but it showed a football game and I was unclear whether the edge of the stage was on the goal line or the 20 yard line. From the TM seating chart, it looks like the front of the stage is on the 20 yard line and the tree stage comes out to the 40 yard line. I realize that may be less accurate, but I haven't seen a good photo that lets me gauge that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline malinki9

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2017, 12:57:14 PM »
I was high on the side (317) in Santa Clara and also feel I missed a lot not seeing the screen. Why don't they have side screens for us, would have improved things 1000%.