Author Topic: GA and the "Unofficial List"  (Read 26748 times)

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: GA and the "Unofficial List"
« Reply #150 on: July 02, 2017, 03:41:59 AM »
Someone mentioned Europe earlier....does this same B.S. happen here to or is this a USA thing?

Offline hollywoodswag

• Stateless
« Reply #151 on: July 02, 2017, 04:25:22 AM »
I just find all this interesting as my wife, my father, and I all showed up to the Tampa show at 6:45 for the listed 7:00 start and wound up just a few people behind the B-stage which, at least from my perspective, seemed to be much lower and closer to the audience than the main stage. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #152 on: July 02, 2017, 06:24:13 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Someone mentioned Europe earlier....does this same B.S. happen here to or is this a USA thing?

I have heard no. I have also heard that the British have elevated the queue to an art form.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #153 on: July 02, 2017, 10:22:45 AM »

I have heard no. I have also heard that the British have elevated the queue to an art form.

Brits certainly like a queue

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 10:31:57 AM by an tha »

Offline Bentleyspop

• Babyface
« Reply #154 on: July 02, 2017, 12:51:22 PM »
Springsteen went to the lottery because he didn't  want to see the same faces every night.
Pearl Jam went to g.a. because they were tired of seeing the same people in the fan club seats every night. And they have a policy of NO LIST. If you are in line you stay in line (except of course for basic human needs).
U2 supposedly went to g.a. so they wouldn't see the same people up front every night.
Except  they  do.
The same people in every city seeing the same show night after night after night.

Time for U2's management to do the right thing.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #155 on: July 02, 2017, 05:27:28 PM »
Yeah, it happened on i+e. I was on the list the night before the show at both London & Paris.

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #156 on: July 02, 2017, 06:25:13 PM »
Elevation Boston DVD. U2 decided to put new people in the front row to capture real excitement from people who've never been at the front. This angered fans who queued for front row and didn't get it. So for several songs, they purposely sat down while u2 played. I honestly can't even tell on the DVD but some people say they can. For I think the first three songs they did it? U2 saw it and I guess regretted selecting new people for the front.

U2 is one of my favorite things to enjoy on this earth but this is seriously some insanely obnoxious BS on the part of the "protesters". Talk about first world problems! And wasn't this just after 9/11?

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2017, 07:09:35 PM »
U2 is one of my favorite things to enjoy on this earth but this is seriously some insanely obnoxious BS on the part of the "protesters". Talk about first world problems! And wasn't this just after 9/11?

No, it was in June of 2001. So a couple of months prior.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #158 on: July 07, 2017, 06:37:30 AM »
Regarding if there will be "the list" in Europe, I just read a post on twitter that said the line is across the street from the venue, and check in times are tonight at 7 and tomorrow morning between 7-8. So I guess the "system" did cross the pond, it remains to be seen how it translates on show day.

Offline shesarainbow

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • With a guitar ... on fire.
« Reply #159 on: July 07, 2017, 06:42:06 AM »
Yep, it's happening here...

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #160 on: July 07, 2017, 07:21:17 AM »

Ha!

Offline UnknownCaller98

• Numb
« Reply #161 on: July 07, 2017, 08:35:59 AM »

Ha!
Yeah what do I do when I get in the line at 2pm tomorrow? Will that queue have moved to gate C or D or wherever? So confusing.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #162 on: July 07, 2017, 08:48:54 AM »

Ha!
Yeah what do I do when I get in the line at 2pm tomorrow? Will that queue have moved to gate C or D or wherever? So confusing.

Personally if i was you i would forget the queue - go and have a nice drink and some nice food in one of the lovely bars gardens near the ground or by thrle river and rock up to the gig about 7-730pm feeling fresh, well fed and watered and not worn down from hours of standing in baking sun on concrete.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #163 on: July 07, 2017, 08:50:19 AM »

Ha!

Personally if i was you i would forget the queue - go and have a nice drink and some nice food in one of the lovely bars gardens near the ground or by thrle river and rock up to the gig about 7-730pm feeling fresh, well fed and watered and not worn down from hours of standing in baking sun on concrete.
Is that what YOU are going to do, an tha? Are you going? Well, ARE you?  ;D

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #164 on: July 07, 2017, 08:56:05 AM »

Ha!

Is that what YOU are going to do, an tha? Are you going? Well, ARE you?  ;D

Ha!

IF i go i will be a little later than that.....I'd probably aim to get there about 8 - wait for the touts to start giving away their unsold tickets as gig starts/pick up spares from the casual latecomers....they always have people from their parties who have ducked out at last minute and are many in number at these enormodome shows.

As it stands though I am not very motivated for Saturday but Sunday is a possible. I can get from my house to there in under an hour.