Author Topic: GA and the "Unofficial List"  (Read 27483 times)

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
Re: GA and the "Unofficial List"
« Reply #210 on: July 10, 2017, 09:02:03 PM »
I have met Vic from that pic and can attest he is of sound character and has good leadership qualities.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #211 on: July 11, 2017, 07:09:41 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
5) with the current 'line system' do you believe I or anyone that's not part of 'the clique' could ever hope to have those exact spots that are monopolized show after show after show by the same exact people? If so, how? How do I become #1-20? Who do I have to contact to make that happen?

Worth pointing out here…. in my most recent experiences with the GA line, the list was mostly started by people local to that area. And while I don’t object to the idea that some fans try to put themselves and their friends in a better position for some of the shows, I don’t think it’s literally the same people in the same positions for each show or the line itself. I know that I’ve been ahead of a few of the so-called ‘usual suspects’ during these last few times, so they didn’t have any access to a particular spot before I did.

Offline superblue

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #212 on: July 11, 2017, 07:57:22 AM »
First post here, as I generally just hang about another forum, but SDD3000, you state "If people want those spots then all they have to do is what I do and turn up.. That's my only date I'm attending and that's where I ended up."  If that is you, on the far left of that photo with the black cowboy-ish hat, I am certain London was not your first date.  I saw you at NJ1 at the very least helping as being a line organizer.  I'm not commenting on the other aspects, but if you want the argument that's being stated as "We do it for the fans and organization" to be taken more seriously,  then don't try to support your argument with statements that aren't true.

Additionally, I have also met Vik (guy in the green/white stripes) and he's an all around good guy that is fair.  He knows the perception of how things are and really tries to keep it a fair system.  I listened to him discuss how a friend of his gave him a call and attempted to get a spot in line while he was traveling from another show (so yes, that sh** happens) and he told him to "f*** off" (and if you've spent any time talking with Vik, you know "f*** off" is part of his vocab).  His point to his friend is that if he ever did that, he would be being exactly what he knows some other line organizers are.  Vik is a straight up guy....no B.S. there.

Offline Synj

• Babyface
« Reply #213 on: July 11, 2017, 10:25:15 AM »
I guess it's just like anything else in life, going to have people with integrity and people without.

I think the problem that most people have with the entire thing is the lack of oversight because it's not 'official' and there's not a consistent way in which to make it transparent.

It's a hard thing to trust when there's something to be gained by the people that manage the lists.

I'm honestly considering trying the list to judge for myself at a few upcoming shows. Not really fair to throw shade without any first hand knowledge...plus I want a good spot LOL!

Offline SDD3000

• Stateless
« Reply #214 on: July 11, 2017, 03:11:30 PM »
First post here, as I generally just hang about another forum, but SDD3000, you state "If people want those spots then all they have to do is what I do and turn up.. That's my only date I'm attending and that's where I ended up."  If that is you, on the far left of that photo with the black cowboy-ish hat, I am certain London was not your first date.  I saw you at NJ1 at the very least helping as being a line organizer.  I'm not commenting on the other aspects, but if you want the argument that's being stated as "We do it for the fans and organization" to be taken more seriously,  then don't try to support your argument with statements that aren't true.

Additionally, I have also met Vik (guy in the green/white stripes) and he's an all around good guy that is fair.  He knows the perception of how things are and really tries to keep it a fair system.  I listened to him discuss how a friend of his gave him a call and attempted to get a spot in line while he was traveling from another show (so yes, that sh** happens) and he told him to "f*** off" (and if you've spent any time talking with Vik, you know "f*** off" is part of his vocab).  His point to his friend is that if he ever did that, he would be being exactly what he knows some other line organizers are.  Vik is a straight up guy....no B.S. there.
I'm extremely sorry I meant far right. White t shirt. The guy next to me is Jez.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #215 on: July 11, 2017, 03:38:08 PM »
The guy in the cowboy hat is Gregory. He also ran the line in Paris for i+e. Seems very nice, & hopefully fair.

Offline superblue

« Reply #216 on: July 12, 2017, 07:28:48 AM »

I'm extremely sorry I meant far right. White t shirt. The guy next to me is Jez.

Makes more sense   :)

monopoly

« Reply #217 on: July 12, 2017, 11:39:07 AM »
5) with the current 'line system' do you believe I or anyone that's not part of 'the clique' could ever hope to have those exact spots that are monopolized show after show after show by the same exact people? If so, how? How do I become #1-20? Who do I have to contact to make that happen?

Worth pointing out here…. in my most recent experiences with the GA line, the list was mostly started by people local to that area. And while I don’t object to the idea that some fans try to put themselves and their friends in a better position for some of the shows, I don’t think it’s literally the same people in the same positions for each show or the line itself. I know that I’ve been ahead of a few of the so-called ‘usual suspects’ during these last few times, so they didn’t have any access to a particular spot before I did.

From what I've heard, if you try to start the line before them, they will keep pestering you until you agree to let them take control. Once you agree, you will either be after them, or they will agree to let you be first. Their friends then come after you in line order

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #218 on: July 12, 2017, 07:14:18 PM »
From what I've heard, if you try to start the line before them, they will keep pestering you until you agree to let them take control. Once you agree, you will either be after them, or they will agree to let you be first. Their friends then come after you in line order

Well like I said, I'm not disputing that this might still happen at some shows. But if it was the norm before these recent tours, it seems to have settled down a bit in recent years (imo). I know for a fact that some GA lines I was personally a part of were started by people who weren't apart of this or any other traveling contingent (but probably saw how other shows did it in the past and took it up on their own). And at shows like the first Chicago show last month, I was actually ahead of some people who've been pointed out as people who support these things and are known for being up front at shows. So if there's a way like you mentioned, I don't think it's an "every show" thing anymore, assuming it ever was.

Offline oktobergirl

• Babyface
« Reply #219 on: July 13, 2017, 02:07:15 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monopoly

« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2017, 09:10:47 AM »
Hey! Guess what!!! Rome is actually doing a real queue! And there's absolutely no complaints or issues happening! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #221 on: July 15, 2017, 02:12:15 PM »
I just saw on Facebook that the list with check in times has started for Barcelona, I think 3 days in advance? So much for "Europe won't stand for the list" arguememt, I guess.

Offline Rising

« Reply #222 on: July 16, 2017, 01:55:13 PM »
I just saw on Facebook that the list with check in times has started for Barcelona, I think 3 days in advance? So much for "Europe won't stand for the list" arguememt, I guess.

Hi, Is it sure there is going to be an area, other than the red zone, in front of stage only to be accessed with wristbands?

Did it work this way in Berlin and Rome?

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #223 on: July 16, 2017, 02:12:52 PM »

Hi, Is it sure there is going to be an area, other than the red zone, in front of stage only to be accessed with wristbands?

There is no pitch segregation on this tour, except for the Red Zone.  You may get given a wristband to prove you have a standing ticket (this happened in London) but on this tour there is no section at the front for those who get there early. 

Offline Rising

« Reply #224 on: July 16, 2017, 02:31:59 PM »

There is no pitch segregation on this tour, except for the Red Zone.  You may get given a wristband to prove you have a standing ticket (this happened in London) but on this tour there is no section at the front for those who get there early.

Thanks Capo.

There is a Berlin video from YouTube that makes me doubt......At second number 9 we may notice a break in the GA

Again very clear at minute 19:18