Author Topic: GA and the "Unofficial List"  (Read 27544 times)

monopoly

Re: GA and the "Unofficial List"
« Reply #270 on: July 29, 2017, 12:05:06 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have only read through the first few pages of this post and I'm nauseous. Ive just spent a small fortune to fly from New York to St. Louis for the show on 9/16. I have a ga ticket and at 46 years old I do not have it in me to deal with the bulls*#t! I am willing to put my time in on line but if there is an unofficial list.... no one knows how these things even work?!

Yes I'd like to sleep in the hotel bed that I'm paying for. Yes I'd like to be a tourist in a city I've never been to before...but now I have to stress about camping in a ga line?

I'm too old for this crap!

Don't bother you can stroll in when the support act starts (or even later) and get a perfectly good spot...pretty close up of you want.
Agreed. Also agree with Matt's article about the process being taken over much in the same way as Springsteen's

Article?

He identifies aspects of the issue and gives a plan

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #271 on: July 29, 2017, 12:19:07 PM »
I have only read through the first few pages of this post and I'm nauseous. Ive just spent a small fortune to fly from New York to St. Louis for the show on 9/16. I have a ga ticket and at 46 years old I do not have it in me to deal with the bulls*#t! I am willing to put my time in on line but if there is an unofficial list.... no one knows how these things even work?!

Yes I'd like to sleep in the hotel bed that I'm paying for. Yes I'd like to be a tourist in a city I've never been to before...but now I have to stress about camping in a ga line?

Don't bother you can stroll in when the support act starts (or even later) and get a perfectly good spot...pretty close up of you want.
Agreed. Also agree with Matt's article about the process being taken over much in the same way as Springsteen's

Article?
It's on the @U2 home page. I'm sorry, I tried to copy and paste but just got a blank page when I did that. Technologically impaired here....

Ah right...i don't read that site.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #272 on: July 29, 2017, 01:47:30 PM »
m2's article:

Offline Ginapier@msn.com

• Babyface
« Reply #273 on: July 29, 2017, 09:55:19 PM »

Here's what I would do. Go have your fun. Don't stress. Get in line around 4 PM.
You won't have good rail or be anywhere where the and will notice you. But you'll have a great view regardless.

If you're serious about getting close, don't do the list. It's time to end it. Show up on showday around 4 AM. And refuse to leave unless venue security tells you to. The list people will show up around 5-6 AM get pi**ed and threaten you. Hold your grounds. Since your show is an American show I can guarantee the venue will say they won't honor the lists beforehand. This gives you your chance to make your point to the venue the list is unfair and you got there before them. The venue will agree, let you keep your place, and have list people go after you.

But I warn you, this list people can get aggressive. No physical contact has been made yet. But certainly aggressive comments to people who have shown up showday before them. They may take pictures of you and try to shame you. Fight back, take pictures of them and share them. Many of the nutcases are already established here.

Aggressive? There will be no fights...

I had redzone in New Jersey and had to stand in line for 8 hours for that! It was such a hot day...I ended up getting dehydrated and as Larry walked out on stage and the show was beginning i ended up on the ground...I made 4 songs and had to leave! I'm flying to St. Louis because I missed the show in jersey and while I couldn't snag redzone I intend to get a rail spot...hopefully

The more I read about this process the more upset I am getting... perhaps I'll have to pay even mor $$ for a redzone ticket from a reseller....

monopoly

« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2017, 12:02:47 AM »

Here's what I would do. Go have your fun. Don't stress. Get in line around 4 PM.
You won't have good rail or be anywhere where the and will notice you. But you'll have a great view regardless.

If you're serious about getting close, don't do the list. It's time to end it. Show up on showday around 4 AM. And refuse to leave unless venue security tells you to. The list people will show up around 5-6 AM get pi**ed and threaten you. Hold your grounds. Since your show is an American show I can guarantee the venue will say they won't honor the lists beforehand. This gives you your chance to make your point to the venue the list is unfair and you got there before them. The venue will agree, let you keep your place, and have list people go after you.

But I warn you, this list people can get aggressive. No physical contact has been made yet. But certainly aggressive comments to people who have shown up showday before them. They may take pictures of you and try to shame you. Fight back, take pictures of them and share them. Many of the nutcases are already established here.

I had redzone in New Jersey and had to stand in line for 8 hours for that! It was such a hot day...I ended up getting dehydrated and as Larry walked out on stage and the show was beginning i ended up on the ground...I made 4 songs and had to leave! I'm flying to St. Louis because I missed the show in jersey and while I couldn't snag redzone I intend to get a rail spot...hopefully

The more I read about this process the more upset I am getting... perhaps I'll have to pay even mor $$ for a redzone ticket from a reseller....

Physical altercations- no. But people have been verbal when it comes to list vs people who lined up. The list people shame those who follow venue procedures and post pictures of them in the Facebook groups. It's known.

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2017, 12:19:36 AM »

Why did you line for red zone for 8 hrs? Thought the point of it wasn't to line up all day?

Offline Ginapier@msn.com

• Babyface
« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2017, 10:29:49 AM »
I believe the question was why did I line up for 8 hours with red zone tickets? The answer... because even the red zone had list makers and by the time I arrived around noon I was #14! At noon!

I remwmber the good ol days over 30 years ago when I paid $12.50 for a ticket and didn't have to deal with this nonsense

monopoly

« Reply #277 on: July 30, 2017, 10:34:16 AM »
I believe the question was why did I line up for 8 hours with red zone tickets? The answer... because even the red zone had list makers and by the time I arrived around noon I was #14! At noon!

I remwmber the good ol days over 30 years ago when I paid $12.50 for a ticket and didn't have to deal with this nonsense

Never before has it been like this. THe purpose of RZ is to arrive 2 hours beforehand and get good rail. This list thing has made it far more difficult with number reaching their 40-50's 2 hours beforehand

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2017, 10:42:55 AM »

I would of told them to F off! I wouldn't take that sh**e. Sorry but paying through the nose so you don't line up for hrs is one of the perks for having a RZ ticket. They aren't official RZ staff. I probably would of reported them to security/whomever is in charge of RZ, but it's up to you how long you want to queue & i can understand the numbers on hands to a degree with normal GA. I started queuing at 1pm & got to the RZ rail on the GA side last night. Plus it is how fast you can get to the rail when the doors open. Your numbers and roll calls go pear shaped then.

Offline Ginapier@msn.com

• Babyface
« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2017, 06:39:25 PM »

The red zone staff actually used the fan generated number system to line everyone up. First check in for tickets, then the line for security and once through security they actually enforced the numbers order before walking into the arena!

When you say it depends on how fast you can get in... what does that mean? Ar people sprinting to the rails?

I would of told them to F off! I wouldn't take that sh**e. Sorry but paying through the nose so you don't line up for hrs is one of the perks for having a RZ ticket. They aren't official RZ staff. I probably would of reported them to security/whomever is in charge of RZ, but it's up to you how long you want to queue & i can understand the numbers on hands to a degree with normal GA. I started queuing at 1pm & got to the RZ rail on the GA side last night. Plus it is how fast you can get to the rail when the doors open. Your numbers and roll calls go pear shaped then.

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #280 on: July 31, 2017, 01:19:53 AM »

The red zone staff actually used the fan generated number system to line everyone up. First check in for tickets, then the line for security and once through security they actually enforced the numbers order before walking into the arena!

When you say it depends on how fast you can get in... what does that mean? Ar people sprinting to the rails?

Yes, people sprint for the rail. When I got in to Amsterdam arena there were still good spots at the rz rail to be had. A waste of time lining up early there.

Offline julez728

• Stateless
« Reply #281 on: July 31, 2017, 08:22:52 AM »

Never before has it been like this. THe purpose of RZ is to arrive 2 hours beforehand and get good rail. This list thing has made it far more difficult with number reaching their 40-50's 2 hours beforehand

I did RZ for one of the shows and when I got there at 3:30, the fan list was in the 40s.  I didn't put my name on the list, but others did even when I told them it wasn't necessary.  I ended up being right by the tree stage with only one person in front of me.  If I had to do it again, I would probably get there later more around the time when the opening act gets on stage.

monopoly

« Reply #282 on: July 31, 2017, 03:40:48 PM »

Yes, people sprint for the rail. When I got in to Amsterdam arena there were still good spots at the rz rail to be had. A waste of time lining up early there.

Not always. Line police made sure rose bowl staff would make us go in a single file line. If you went out of line or moved faster than walking,, you were kicked out

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #283 on: August 03, 2017, 08:31:32 AM »
I am seriously thinking about red zone next tour. What are the chances they will play Manchester arena next year rather than just the o2? Won't be joining any list. I will get there when I feel like it  and if there are 100 people physically there in front so be it.

monopoly

« Reply #284 on: August 03, 2017, 11:24:00 AM »
I am seriously thinking about red zone next tour. What are the chances they will play Manchester arena next year rather than just the o2? Won't be joining any list. I will get there when I feel like it  and if there are 100 people physically there in front so be it.

For next tour I don't recommend RZ. The arenas are so intimate and there was so much rail. People would arrive when the gates opened at be one person off the rail. RZ wasn't positioned on rail....