Author Topic: GA and the "Unofficial List"  (Read 26720 times)

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
Re: GA and the "Unofficial List"
« Reply #300 on: August 25, 2017, 05:45:22 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have GA for St. Louis. I'm flying in from NY in Friday night after work....don't even know how to find out who the line list holder is, where they will be or how any of that works. Not to mention a female in an unfamiliar city (downtown, and oh btw there is a travel advisory in St. Louis too ...) ...

GA should not be a stressful experience.

Ughhhhhh anyone selling a redzone ticket for St. Louis?

You have to find it using the search on Facebook. Then they make you request to join since they want it to be private. There was some drama a month ago because they were denying people from joining.

I've never had any trouble joining any U2 Facebook group, usually the admin has added me within minutes of my request. Other people's mileage, of course, may vary. The only time I've ever seen people "kicked out" of a group is for being abusive toward members or trying to sell tickets for more than face.

Same here. That said, there is drama occasionally. I did notice in the Detroit group that there's a bit of drama between two members--one who has been criticized on other forums for his line running ways (let's call him person B) and another who is running the queue for Detroit (person A). Person B threw shade at person A's line running ability, person A basically called out person B and described him as dishonest, a snake etc. etc.

No them, only us. :) Gotta love the drama llamas!
So does that mean Detroit line has started?
Haha

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #301 on: August 26, 2017, 04:41:55 PM »
The San Diego show I bought tickets for is a Friday show. People are already discussing starting a list at least on the Tuesday before, if not before then. And the guy posting about Tuesday says he needs help getting access to a resort to go golfing.

Don't get me started on that guy!

monopoly

« Reply #302 on: August 26, 2017, 05:10:12 PM »
The San Diego show I bought tickets for is a Friday show. People are already discussing starting a list at least on the Tuesday before, if not before then. And the guy posting about Tuesday says he needs help getting access to a resort to go golfing.

Truthfully I'm very saddened. I have a life. I can't spend my whole week in SD "checking in". I took Friday off with the hope of getting there Thursday evening and getting a fairly good position. But these people are making it far more difficult starting that early.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #303 on: August 26, 2017, 07:30:12 PM »

Truthfully I'm very saddened. I have a life. I can't spend my whole week in SD "checking in". I took Friday off with the hope of getting there Thursday evening and getting a fairly good position. But these people are making it far more difficult starting that early.

From what I've heard, even though a list may start days in advance, there's usually not that many on the list until the night before. So you should still be okay, maybe not rail but maybe one or two spots behind.

monopoly

« Reply #304 on: August 26, 2017, 07:36:30 PM »

From what I've heard, even though a list may start days in advance, there's usually not that many on the list until the night before. So you should still be okay, maybe not rail but maybe one or two spots behind.

Hopefully, for the rose bowl I remember it being in the 400s the night before. I think it was the first 250 who went into the barrricade

Offline Vertigo144

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #305 on: August 26, 2017, 08:10:22 PM »
I arrived in Pasadena at 7 am.  I was in the 500s but not all the barricade people were there yet as they did the check in offsite.  Long and short...  No rail and a long brutal day in the sun.  It was ok, but not great. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monopoly

« Reply #306 on: August 26, 2017, 10:20:29 PM »
I arrived in Pasadena at 7 am.  I was in the 500s but not all the barricade people were there yet as they did the check in offsite.  Long and short...  No rail and a long brutal day in the sun.  It was ok, but not great. 

Just curious, did you or anyone else try to argue that you guys were there first? The list was never publicly shared by rose bowl staff. I didn't see any arguing with it but there were definitely fans who didn't partake in it and showed up before list people on showday.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #307 on: August 27, 2017, 03:43:44 PM »

Personally I think it's stupid that he wants to start the line that early, but I'm really more irritated with him about how he handled a potential ticket sale.

He posted two tickets for sale, then said he needed to check to see if his buddy already sold them, then refused to give updates about the ticket status. He finally responded after another posting was made looking for tickets. Anyways, he lost the sale. 

Offline staylorz

« Reply #308 on: August 29, 2017, 12:04:35 PM »
I have GA for St. Louis. I'm flying in from NY in Friday night after work....don't even know how to find out who the line list holder is, where they will be or how any of that works. Not to mention a female in an unfamiliar city (downtown, and oh btw there is a travel advisory in St. Louis too ...) ...

GA should not be a stressful experience.

Ughhhhhh anyone selling a redzone ticket for St. Louis?

You have to find it using the search on Facebook. Then they make you request to join since they want it to be private. There was some drama a month ago because they were denying people from joining.

I've never had any trouble joining any U2 Facebook group, usually the admin has added me within minutes of my request. Other people's mileage, of course, may vary. The only time I've ever seen people "kicked out" of a group is for being abusive toward members or trying to sell tickets for more than face.

Same here. That said, there is drama occasionally. I did notice in the Detroit group that there's a bit of drama between two members--one who has been criticized on other forums for his line running ways (let's call him person B) and another who is running the queue for Detroit (person A). Person B threw shade at person A's line running ability, person A basically called out person B and described him as dishonest, a snake etc. etc.

No them, only us. :) Gotta love the drama llamas!
So does that mean Detroit line has started?
Haha

There's drama for the Detroit show already? I didn't see that on any fb groups. Am I missing one of them? IS there a list for Detroit already? I said it last time but this is going to be my last time doing GA. I've already stopped traveling to shows. I don't have time for that anymore. I'm also tired of the GA line nonsense but, alas, I'm still in it this time so I guess I'll go along with said list nonsense.

Offline Vertigo144

« Reply #309 on: August 29, 2017, 12:32:57 PM »

Just curious, did you or anyone else try to argue that you guys were there first? The list was never publicly shared by rose bowl staff. I didn't see any arguing with it but there were definitely fans who didn't partake in it and showed up before list people on showday.
I didn't.   I just decided to skip the second night and I'm skipping San Diego.  It was equally fun and exhausting but too many people trying to scam a spot honestly.  It is emotionally exhausting....  especially after making such an effort to get there then add all day in the sun and heat.  Wasn't worth it for me to endure for night two and I have too many reasons why I can't be away from home multiple nights to be in a good position on this list.

Offline dwaltman

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #310 on: September 02, 2017, 10:29:53 AM »
This is the policy for Ford Field:

UPDATE ON GENERAL ADMISSION POLICY FOR U2: We will now be accommodating the fan-run wristband line/list ahead of Detroit's The Joshua Tree 2017 Tour stop. Starting today, Friday, September 1, there is a U2 fan club staged at the bottom of the Gate C ramp through Sunday morning. They are conducting a pre-entry sign up to assign numbered wristbands for guests who have floor general admission tickets. Guests who are unable to sign-up in advance at Gate C are still able to come to Gate D at 9 AM on Sunday, September 3 to reserve your spot behind this pre-entry list in the GA Floor entry line until the limited number of wristbands are distributed.

Just giving the fan lists all the more power.  They should only allow lines to be formed at let's say 7am day of show, give wristbands out at 9am and everyone go home until an hour before doors open.  What is the point of allowing the fans to make a stupid list 2 days prior to the show.  Haven't seen anything about Buffalo yet.

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #311 on: September 02, 2017, 10:46:12 AM »

UPDATE ON GENERAL ADMISSION POLICY FOR U2: We will now be accommodating the fan-run wristband line/list ahead of Detroit's The Joshua Tree 2017 Tour stop. Starting today, Friday, September 1, there is a U2 fan club staged at the bottom of the Gate C ramp through Sunday morning. They are conducting a pre-entry sign up to assign numbered wristbands for guests who have floor general admission tickets. Guests who are unable to sign-up in advance at Gate C are still able to come to Gate D at 9 AM on Sunday, September 3 to reserve your spot behind this pre-entry list in the GA Floor entry line until the limited number of wristbands are distributed.

Just giving the fan lists all the more power.  They should only allow lines to be formed at let's say 7am day of show, give wristbands out at 9am and everyone go home until an hour before doors open.  What is the point of allowing the fans to make a stupid list 2 days prior to the show.  Haven't seen anything about Buffalo yet.
This is infuriating to me. Initially, Ford Field stated on their website that were not honoring any fan run line (this was three days ago...about the same time I heard a fan run line had already begun). Ford Field then caved and changed their tune yesterday. At the very least I feel at that point they should have restarted ANY list rather than caved to the fan run line and make all else GET IN LINE BEHIND a line that started days beforehand...a line that I'm sure 90% of GA ticket holders had no idea existed in the first place. Utter nonsense.

monopoly

« Reply #312 on: September 02, 2017, 12:11:55 PM »

This is infuriating to me. Initially, Ford Field stated on their website that were not honoring any fan run line (this was three days ago...about the same time I heard a fan run line had already begun). Ford Field then caved and changed their tune yesterday. At the very least I feel at that point they should have restarted ANY list rather than caved to the fan run line and make all else GET IN LINE BEHIND a line that started days beforehand...a line that I'm sure 90% of GA ticket holders had no idea existed in the first place. Utter nonsense.

Lawsuit...

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #313 on: September 02, 2017, 04:47:39 PM »
I want to leave early in the a.m.  We shall see...

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #314 on: September 02, 2017, 05:52:54 PM »
I want to leave early in the a.m.  We shall see...
good luck to you. I have GA but can't get there until mid afternoon earliest.