Author Topic: GA and the "Unofficial List"  (Read 26942 times)

Offline threechords

• Wanderer
Re: GA and the "Unofficial List"
« Reply #255 on: July 19, 2017, 11:01:12 AM »
Is there a "line" yet for Detroit?  I don't think they have released their procedure yet.  Maybe they told someone on phone?  If they wristband in AM, I am doing that.

Offline kseguin

• Wanderer
  • Montreal, Newark, Dublin
« Reply #256 on: July 20, 2017, 05:59:36 AM »
It will be interesting to see how they do the "list" at Croke Park.

Official Tickemaster communiocation:

IMPORTANT: NO QUEUING ALLOWED PRIOR TO GATES OPENING
NO overnight / early queuing allowed before the concerts.
If patrons do turn up they will be turned away at restricted area points around the Stadium. Queuing in streets around the Stadium will cause disruption to local residents and we appeal to patrons to heed this advice and respect the community living in the vicinity of the stadium.

Offline cocamojoe

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #257 on: July 20, 2017, 11:36:43 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It will be interesting to see how they do the "list" at Croke Park.

Official Tickemaster communiocation:

IMPORTANT: NO QUEUING ALLOWED PRIOR TO GATES OPENING
NO overnight / early queuing allowed before the concerts.
If patrons do turn up they will be turned away at restricted area points around the Stadium. Queuing in streets around the Stadium will cause disruption to local residents and we appeal to patrons to heed this advice and respect the community living in the vicinity of the stadium.

According this twitter posting, the Dublin "line" is already started: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #258 on: July 21, 2017, 09:48:28 AM »
Seriously? People would rather spend their time in Dublin, the city that the BAND IS FROM, sitting on a bench with a fake list instead of seeing the city?!?! Unbelievable.

Offline kseguin

• Wanderer
  • Montreal, Newark, Dublin
« Reply #259 on: July 21, 2017, 10:11:49 AM »
Agreed.  Spend a lot of money travelling to sit on a bench, go see Dublin.  Went to the Little Museum of Dublin and Jameson Distillery today!!!!

Offline WhiteFanU2

• Babyface
« Reply #260 on: July 22, 2017, 11:41:22 AM »
They can always return and see the city anytime but they never can see the JT30 from the FOS area in Dublin!!!  :-*
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 02:07:28 PM by WhiteFanU2 »

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #261 on: July 22, 2017, 02:19:59 PM »
Agreed.  Spend a lot of money travelling to sit on a bench, go see Dublin.  Went to the Little Museum of Dublin and Jameson Distillery today!!!!

Yay!!!  I didn't get a chance to go to Jameson when I was there in March. Got to the Little Museum and Guinness Storehouse though.

Offline Aprilshack

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #262 on: July 23, 2017, 04:00:47 AM »
They can always return and see the city anytime but they never can see the JT30 from the FOS area in Dublin!!!  :-*

Very true.

Offline U2Fan

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Everything in the f****** hotel is brown.
« Reply #263 on: July 28, 2017, 07:41:47 AM »
Thank you Matt for the article about how the GA line process needs to be changed and supervised by the band personnel.  The Springsteen process sounds much better than the current nonsense.

Offline Ginapier@msn.com

• Babyface
« Reply #264 on: July 29, 2017, 07:57:50 AM »
I have only read through the first few pages of this post and I'm nauseous. Ive just spent a small fortune to fly from New York to St. Louis for the show on 9/16. I have a ga ticket and at 46 years old I do not have it in me to deal with the bulls*#t! I am willing to put my time in on line but if there is an unofficial list.... no one knows how these things even work?!

Yes I'd like to sleep in the hotel bed that I'm paying for. Yes I'd like to be a tourist in a city I've never been to before...but now I have to stress about camping in a ga line?

I'm too old for this crap!

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #265 on: July 29, 2017, 09:02:55 AM »
I have only read through the first few pages of this post and I'm nauseous. Ive just spent a small fortune to fly from New York to St. Louis for the show on 9/16. I have a ga ticket and at 46 years old I do not have it in me to deal with the bulls*#t! I am willing to put my time in on line but if there is an unofficial list.... no one knows how these things even work?!

Yes I'd like to sleep in the hotel bed that I'm paying for. Yes I'd like to be a tourist in a city I've never been to before...but now I have to stress about camping in a ga line?

Don't bother you can stroll in when the support act starts (or even later) and get a perfectly good spot...pretty close up of you want.

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #266 on: July 29, 2017, 10:25:54 AM »

Don't bother you can stroll in when the support act starts (or even later) and get a perfectly good spot...pretty close up of you want.
Agreed. Also agree with Matt's article about the process being taken over much in the same way as Springsteen's

monopoly

« Reply #267 on: July 29, 2017, 11:28:33 AM »

Here's what I would do. Go have your fun. Don't stress. Get in line around 4 PM.
You won't have good rail or be anywhere where the and will notice you. But you'll have a great view regardless.

If you're serious about getting close, don't do the list. It's time to end it. Show up on showday around 4 AM. And refuse to leave unless venue security tells you to. The list people will show up around 5-6 AM get pi**ed and threaten you. Hold your grounds. Since your show is an American show I can guarantee the venue will say they won't honor the lists beforehand. This gives you your chance to make your point to the venue the list is unfair and you got there before them. The venue will agree, let you keep your place, and have list people go after you.

But I warn you, this list people can get aggressive. No physical contact has been made yet. But certainly aggressive comments to people who have shown up showday before them. They may take pictures of you and try to shame you. Fight back, take pictures of them and share them. Many of the nutcases are already established here.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 11:30:22 AM by monopoly »

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #268 on: July 29, 2017, 11:32:49 AM »

Agreed. Also agree with Matt's article about the process being taken over much in the same way as Springsteen's

Article?

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #269 on: July 29, 2017, 12:03:04 PM »

Article?
It's on the @U2 home page. I'm sorry, I tried to copy and paste but just got a blank page when I did that. Technologically impaired here....