Author Topic: RS: Bono Talks 'Joshua Tree' Tour, Trump, Status of U2's Next Album  (Read 5580 times)

Offline octoberreckoning

• Babyface
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline zoo adam

• Intellectual Tortoise
15 songs to get down to 12. Not exactly hard to do. Unless they are all classics 

Can't see a problem in leaving it as 15. Which is not exactly another Beatles esq 'White Album' long player. Live dangerously. 

Don't know why Edge is being blamed. The album was shelved due to TJT tour & won't be released until the tour finishes. Which was a band decision.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 10:23:31 AM by zoo adam »

Offline Jswallow

• Party Girl/Boy
"The Experience & Innocence tour" so it's still happening, hope SOE is out this year, decent interview

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline jjcruiser

• Intellectual Tortoise
Bono is wise to warn us not to trust him, but I still found this very encouraging.  I was starting to think the whole thing had been shelved indefinitely.  If they have a specific cache of 15 songs, then whether it comes out this year or next isn't a big deal to me.  I assume it will be a real full album and supported by a real full tour, and that was my greatest hope.

Offline DPardue

• Wanderer
If THE problem is, as Bono suggests, trimming 15 songs down to 12, then there should be very little work left to do. 

monopoly

If THE problem is, as Bono suggests, trimming 15 songs down to 12, then there should be very little work left to do.

Not hard to do. Release 12 and 3 as bonus tracks. At this point, this is an album for fans . Give us as much material as possible.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
The odd rent a quote bono special aside that interview is in my view one of the better i have read from bono in recent times.

Comes across well.

Offline jrodr079

• Refugee
Great interview, thank you for posting.

Offline DK46

• Refugee
As always, I take an interview from Bono with a grain of salt, but this is promising.  From what I can tell, it sounds like he is the one who wants to be touring the new songs the most, so that's welcoming.  I also like the point about SOI sounding too polished and them going for a more raw sound this time around.  Albeit, wasn't HTDAAB suppose to be raw (and we know how that turned out), so who knows?  Still, I think a late 2017 release could be possible, so I'm cautious optimistic. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 02:15:37 PM by DK46 »

Offline gujuju

• Babyface
Can somebody please define "F--- off song"

Synonymous with big, hit song?

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
Re: RS: Bono Talks 'Joshua Tree' Tour, Trump, Status of U2's Next Album
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2017, 12:36:50 PM »

I was also wondering what that meant.
If he meant Hit song?  Although I like Little Things, I don't think it is in Hit Song Territory unless there is a different mix possibly.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2017, 12:49:38 PM »
Good interview with Bono. I like the references to the 'inverted' experience and innocence tour. Interesting to see what they'll do, as he also mentions new staging or imagery.

As for 'f**k off song, I think he means heavy and raw. The album version may be a lot heavier than what we're hearing now.

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2017, 12:56:16 PM »
Really hope he means heavy and raw.  But then how many times before has he side the Edge was on fire and end up getting something else.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 01:04:02 PM »
An intelligent and illuminating interview, particularly with the thinking behind the current show.  His comments help explain why the first part of the show has become shorter and thus why we've lost ASOH from the set.  I like his reflections on the importance of women to the direction of the world, and how a "feminine spirit" imbued the 60s, but then again I've never been one to like a regimented crew cut  :)  It was also good to hear him talk about meeting Omaima, and why she is seen speaking before Miss Sarajevo. 

It'll be interesting to see how 'I can change the world, but I can't change the world in me' sounds on Experience when it comes out - hopefully cathartic, powerful and compelling.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2017, 01:04:09 PM »

When using 'big f*** off' to describe something it just means 'massive' or 'huge' and really is just a way of adding an exclamation mark to a sentence....to add extra emphasis about how big/good something is.

'i caught this huge f*** off fish'.....'i had this great big f*** off meal'......
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 01:07:49 PM by an tha »