Author Topic: Bono's new character has an official name  (Read 5832 times)

Offline JTNash

• Numb
Re: Bono's new character has an official name
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2017, 07:30:20 PM »
It's an illness not all cures are the same. Can you get depressed about real things that are happening yes you can.  But many depression and anxiety suffers don't have a thing to be anxious or sad about, we are even happy.  Just have a hopelss or anxious devil that consumes us for no reason other than messed up brain chemistry.  If you don't understand this then your blessed with not having it.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2017, 05:07:32 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It's an illness not all cures are the same. Can you get depressed about real things that are happening yes you can.  But many depression and anxiety suffers don't have a thing to be anxious or sad about, we are even happy.  Just have a hopelss or anxious devil that consumes us for no reason other than messed up brain chemistry.  If you don't understand this then your blessed with not having it.
Or, having a real devil in your past that, in your mind, is still trying to destroy you. JT, I can partially understand your comments...I'm a happy person, with a good life, and still can suffer from anxiety/depression/panic disorders. Unlike you, I have reasons for my messed up brain chemistry. I think mine would be easier to cope with...at least I have something (someone) to blame.  :) One day at a time...
Peace.

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2017, 10:17:00 AM »
Or, having a real devil in your past that, in your mind, is still trying to destroy you. JT, I can partially understand your comments...I'm a happy person, with a good life, and still can suffer from anxiety/depression/panic disorders. Unlike you, I have reasons for my messed up brain chemistry. I think mine would be easier to cope with...at least I have something (someone) to blame.  :) One day at a time...
Peace.
hopefully we all have a happy and peaceful year!

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2017, 10:59:27 AM »
Yes, now back to the fun stuff...The SHADOW MAN...

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2017, 11:38:46 AM »
Yes, now back to the fun stuff...The SHADOW MAN...

Hank Marvin....

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2017, 07:24:38 PM »
I didnt even think that he was a character. I just thought it was TJT Era Bono sans pony tail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2017, 05:13:53 AM »
I didnt even think that he was a character. I just thought it was TJT Era Bono sans pony tail.

Oh, it is definitely a character...a dark shadow man. Hey, that made me remember Dark Shadows...anybody else remember that tv show?

Offline JohnMegadeth

• Babyface
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2017, 10:07:18 AM »

The outfit, including the jacket with insignia on it, was the indicator for me.

Offline DPardue

• Wanderer
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2017, 11:10:35 AM »
I like Bono's look in this new getup during "Exit".  I get that it is basically a costume of a fictional character, but I wouldn't mind seeing him don that outfit during the entire set.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2017, 04:15:43 PM »
Bono needs to get out of that character after the song.  He explained that he has done self-harm during that song and gone to a dark place.  Also, the song has some historical dark baggage (was used as an alibi or explanation by a murderer during trial). It is best played mindfully and quickly.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2017, 10:46:55 PM »
Day man, fighter of the shadow man.  Champion of the sun, master of karate.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2017, 01:42:19 PM »
Day man, fighter of the shadow man.  Champion of the sun, master of karate.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

This reminds me of Ken Dodd doing the Happiness Show (not that there's anything wrong with that).  I can't see Bono pulling that character off on this tour or maybe any tour.  If you don't know who Ken Dodd is, he's a veteran British Comedian (aged about 90) from Liverpool, starting out before the Beatles (but was photographed with them).  Famous for scouse wit, and bright cheery stage personas, diddy men and jam butty mines (again, stage personas) and not declaring his taxes and getting away with it.  Aims to have his audience aching with laughter at the end of the night and a has reputation for not coming off stage until around midnight.  Still pulls the crowds in and is actually quite funny.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2017, 01:53:38 PM »
I found Shadow Man to be creepy and disturbing. If this singing thing falls through, Yer Man would make a good actor.