Author Topic: Rain Policy - Chicago?  (Read 2533 times)

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Rain Policy - Chicago?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2017, 07:32:36 PM »
I'm keeping an eye on the forecast too and am trying to plan accordingly. Might have to get a poncho and some ziplock bags for when I get down there! I was at the Minneapolis show where it started raining pretty hard towards the middle of the concert. Then I was at one at Wrigley Field two years ago where it rained off and on during the day and show itself.

Stinks when it happens to you, but if you're prepared, it can be an interesting experience as long as it's safe. The band playing City of Blinding Lights in torrential rain at the Minneapolis show is one of my biggest concert memories ever.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 07:34:26 PM by trevgreg »

Offline mlines6

• Refugee
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 06:50:26 AM »
I was at the Minneapolis show as well-the show,where it poured what seemed like pretty much the whole show. I had a seat on The Edge's side and I remember looking off to my right when there was still quite a lot of show left and seeing lightning strikes. This made me concerned about safety and that they may end the show fairly quickky/have to stop it short.  They actually kept going & pretty much did the whole show-just left off a song for an encore.  Perhaps they had word & could judge the lightning wouldn't get close enough to stadium.?. But I never like seeing lightning.

I keep hoping the forecast might change, but I'll have my poncho and plastic bags just in case and will hope for the best.

Offline savoyard

• Babyface
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2017, 07:33:53 AM »
Has a U2 show ever been cancelled or cut short, because of lightening? Would they reschedule the show for Monday?

Offline oktobergirl

• Babyface
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2017, 11:48:38 AM »
If you look at national weather service it says 40% chance. It will probably change 10 times before Saturday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline rlj1010

• Wanderer
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2017, 02:43:13 PM »
yet another reason i prefer indoor arenas over stadiums.

Offline rexstardust

• Refugee
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2017, 02:54:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fingers crossed! I know I'm not the only one traveling from another state for this show. Don't care if it rains, just don't want cancellation!

I'm with you!  Flying in Friday night and, while I would prefer it to be 70 and sunny, I would much enjoy soaking and catching pneumonia than not seeing a show at all. 

Offline bonou2suz

• Babyface
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2017, 08:34:31 PM »
I was also at the Minneapolis show with the downpours.  We were on the floor and you could definitely see lightning...they kept playing right on through!  The forecast is looking a little better with just 50% chance of storms here and there, I'm trying not to worry about it until the day of.  Midwest weather, I tell ya...

Offline pizzaclub

• Babyface
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2017, 09:19:43 PM »
Doesn't look like rain should be an issue BUT:

I was at Soldier Field for Coldplay last summer and they DID cut that show short even though it was also "rain or shine" on the ticket. Just giving anyone a heads up, Soldier Field was an absolute sh** show and the staff there was beyond awful in that situation.

Offline cocamojoe

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2017, 01:36:30 AM »
I'm going to Chicago 2, and the last forecast that I saw calls for scattered thunderstorms that morning, but not evening.

For Chicago 1, though, it's calling for scattered thunderstorms in the afternoon and evening.

Only time will tell! I'm on my train now, and, being an avid hiker, I packed appropriate rain gear, if need be ;)