Poll

What say ye ? I'm skeptical at best.

Yes in 2017.
No.
Definitely maybe.
Yes but not till 2018.
We will get a new album somewhere between 2018 and 2020 but it won't be called SOE.

Author Topic: Will we ever actually see SOE ?  (Read 2451 times)

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
Re: Will we ever actually see SOE ?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 08:06:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yes and they should move away from this TJT2017 tour as fast as possible.

You will be delighted to learn that some additional American and South American shows have been added for autumn

Yes and they finish in October so there are still 2 months of 2017 left to release an album

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 08:18:49 AM »
Oz/nz in November I reckon...

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 08:30:03 AM »
And Japan - don't leave them out!

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2017, 10:46:49 PM »
This album is not happening.  The writing is all over the wall, almost literally. The tour has been extended. I'll even bet Christmas dinner it gets extended through early 2018.  Sure they've debuted a song and put up some artwork.  Remember what happened with Invisible?  Remember Songs of Ascent?  Remember North Star?  Remember the dance album?  What ever happened to the 50-70 songs in the can?  It.is.not.happening.  As much as I love this band, and as crazy as I went in Chicago on Sunday - and as much as I would love to have the album; I know a bait and switch when I see it. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 11:03:33 PM by achtung child »

Offline danlougee

• Stateless
  • Midnight is where the day begins
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 11:13:05 PM »
This album is not happening.  The writing is all over the wall, almost literally. The tour has been extended. I'll even bet Christmas dinner it gets extended through early 2018.  Sure they've debuted a song and put up some artwork.  Remember what happened with Invisible?  Remember Songs of Ascent?  Remember North Star?  Remember the dance album?  What ever happened to the 50-70 songs in the can?  It.is.not.happening.  As much as I love this band, and as crazy as I went in Chicago on Sunday - and as much as I would love to have the album; I know a bait and switch when I see it.
It's amazing how sure of yourself you are, but it seems pretty obvious to me that this album is almost definitely going to be released.

Offline achtung child

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 11:16:22 PM »
It's amazing how sure of yourself you are, but it seems pretty obvious to me that this album is almost definitely going to be released.

I'm sure of how the facts present themselves, and how they have in the past.  I don't see any facts that would lean it towards being any different.

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 08:19:01 AM »
Oz/nz in November I reckon...

Heres hoping, for all the fans Down Under

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 08:29:56 AM »
"Definitely maybe" seems a bit too agnostic.  I think we will. 

Just as I don't understand the sense of indignation some fans seem to feel with the album delay, I also don't understand those that are confident it will never be released.  There's not really any reason to think that until they either announce they're working on a completely different project, or announce they're breaking up.  There's not really any reason for them to say something they don't believe is true.  Other projects have been delayed but ultimately released, so it's not like delays indicate definitely that it won't happen.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 09:11:08 AM by Johnny Feathers »

Offline Droppo

• Babyface
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2017, 09:58:09 AM »
I think we're assured of seeing the album. Too much talk about it.

Offline larrylove

• Stateless
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2017, 03:17:19 PM »
Voted yes i think it will be out at the end of 2018.

Offline Zoomerang77

• Stateless
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2017, 05:09:41 AM »
So the tour has been extended to October.  Perfect mechanism for keeping U2 in the public awareness in the lead-up to a late-2017 SOE album release (for instance).  I don't see this news as a portent of doom regarding the question of whether SOE will see the light of day.

In any case, if the band wake up one morning and decide to abandon SOE for other endeavours, that is fine too.  It is beyond a privilege what U2 have delivered to date over the last 4 decades.

Offline skhentigan

• Babyface
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2017, 05:55:03 PM »
I am going to say they have struggled to come up with a hit on the last two albums.  Even though I loved both No Line and SOI, it had no typical U2 hit.  Not even close.  They are aware of this.  Bono is starting to sound just ok now. This tour is the beginning of the end. Very sad.  They better get it out and do a massive tour because if they wait 4 more years it won't be pretty.

Offline johno11

• Refugee
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2017, 01:11:31 AM »
New album might be released on World Aids Day 1 December 2017.

Offline U2jojo

• Babyface
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2017, 01:42:34 PM »
I've edited the poll but I'm still saying we will get the "edge has hit a new vein" type bs and it won't see the light of day.