Author Topic: First Ever Concert A Few Questions  (Read 542 times)

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
First Ever Concert A Few Questions
« on: June 03, 2017, 04:46:03 PM »
Its been a while since I posted last, just wanted to say, I cant believe it, I am finally seeing my heroes performing live.  I cant wait. Im sure this is repetitive and others have posted like this, but I am seeing U2 for the first time live tomorrow in Chicago. I cant wait. Quick question. Ive never done GA before, how does it work, how early should I show up, is GA awesome, etc?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 04:47:51 PM by redrunningred »

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: First Ever Concert A Few Questions
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 07:07:51 AM »
Yes it's awesome, but I guess you know that by now  :D
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 02:05:43 AM by d.darroch »

Offline McSwilly

• Refugee
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 12:02:20 PM »
so, what did you think?

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 01:01:39 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
so, what did you think?
OH. MY. GOD. I know everyone said you have to be there to believe it, but. Just. Woooow.  I know other members, particularly those who have been to obscene amounts of their concerts, where like, eh, decent show by U2 standards, probably top half, but from my much more limited perspective I was 100% blown away.  I knew every lyric by heart, and screamed them even during the quieter parts where most people in GA werent singing along, I actually tripped and fell because I was jumping up and down so hard during Elevation (dont worry, I didnt get hurt), and my voice was completely hoarse by One, and I was literally unable to talk by the end.  So. Incredible.  Highlights for me, from a highlight of a night overall, was Streets, particularly with the visuals, Exit, Ultraviolet, and Elevation. I will cherish that night for the rest of my life.