Author Topic: ATU2 JT RUMOR- extended dates in USA  (Read 7081 times)

monopoly

ATU2 JT RUMOR- extended dates in USA
« on: June 04, 2017, 02:08:41 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

New rumor, could be true, might not be true.

If it happens to be true, it'll be a slight disappointment.

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
Re: ATU2 JT RUMOR- extended dates in USA
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 02:12:32 PM »
U2 hasn't been to Atlanta since 2009. Long overdue

Offline JFW

• Numb
  • Wondering why I still walk the earth
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 03:19:20 PM »
Hope those dates are for I+E  :)

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2017, 04:56:50 PM »
Could well be I+E dates, or E+I, whichever way you want to look at it. And with the image of the artwork labelled "December 1st 2017" these next few weeks if an announcement is imminent will tell us all we need to know, we are on the cusp of something guys!!

Offline able

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 05:01:47 PM »
How could they go and tour countries that missed the previous tour before releasing next album. Sure the US deserved to get three tours in a row with the rest of the world getting none but still.

You would think U2 are trying to appease fans from out sitde the northern hemisphere if they deviate from releasing new album and extending tour.

monopoly

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 05:01:56 PM »
Could well be I+E dates, or E+I, whichever way you want to look at it. And with the image of the artwork labelled "December 1st 2017" these next few weeks if an announcement is imminent will tell us all we need to know, we are on the cusp of something guys!!

Artwork??

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 05:04:00 PM »

Artwork??

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

monopoly

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2017, 05:05:03 PM »

Artwork??

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Where'd that come from? Credibility it's real?

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2017, 05:07:51 PM »
I live in KC.  I can't see the band playing an I+E show at Arrowhead prior to touring it in bigger markets.  It has to be a TJT show.  If this is real, I+E will be pushed back and the I+E tour will commence in 2018 or later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2017, 05:08:31 PM »
The source has been right before, so I'd say there's a decent chance of this being right.

That said, Detroit is an hour away from me so I'll absolutely be there if they come.

I did think it was odd that Michigan got skipped over in 2015 and in 2017 with these TJT tour dates, so them adding a short leg and playing Detroit and other markets they missed makes sense to me.

Offline georgemccauley

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2017, 05:13:43 PM »

Artwork??

Where'd that come from? Credibility it's real?

From u2songs, they correctly predicted the red hill single, jt30 etc. so maybe album release is the next thing after the SA dates in September / October?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

monopoly

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2017, 05:17:08 PM »
Why would the cover be blackened out though? Hmmmm

Offline NOLA Fly

• Staring at the Sun
  • Feel like trash, You make me feel clean...
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2017, 05:18:06 PM »
If those dates are real, I think it's a slim to none chance they are for i+e. They would have booked the Smoothie King Center, if that were the case, I believe. The last time they played the Superdome, it was on the PopMart tour and it was half full. They haven't been back since. If they're coming to NOLA to play the dome, I think they're bringing The Joshua Tree with them.

I'll take whatever I can get, though. PLEASE COME BACK TO LOUISIANA!!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 07:14:38 PM by NOLA Fly »

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2017, 05:22:52 PM »
I don't know how they're going to tour SOE, especially if they add more JT shows in secondary U.S. markets as well as South America.

Where are they going to take a new tour that would actually sell tickets that soon after a stadium tour? (Yes there's Australia, if they don't add JT shows there too)

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2017, 05:25:46 PM »
I don't know how they're going to tour SOE, especially if they add more JT shows in secondary U.S. markets as well as South America.

Where are they going to take a new tour that would actually sell tickets that soon after a stadium tour? (Yes there's Australia, if they don't add JT shows there too)
If they do arena shows next, they will sell. Everywhere.