Author Topic: ATU2 JT RUMOR- extended dates in USA  (Read 7089 times)

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
Re: ATU2 JT RUMOR- extended dates in USA
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2017, 06:26:11 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't know how they're going to tour SOE, especially if they add more JT shows in secondary U.S. markets as well as South America.

Where are they going to take a new tour that would actually sell tickets that soon after a stadium tour? (Yes there's Australia, if they don't add JT shows there too)
If they do arena shows next, they will sell. Everywhere.

Yup. Detroit has a new arena coming that would be perfect for an I&E date. The big cities will always sell out, even the smaller ones should do well on account of it being arena shows.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2017, 06:30:58 PM »
jeez, U2, get this tour over with and get on with SOE!

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2017, 06:36:01 PM »
jeez, U2, get this tour over with and get on with SOE!
I will certainly drink to that! Cheers!

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2017, 07:41:31 PM »

Offline Passenger789

• Wanderer
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2017, 07:57:08 PM »
Lolll... good one  ;)

Offline JStu

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2017, 10:08:40 PM »
If they do extend the Joshua Tree Tour US dates I hope they hit the Phoenix area since that is where they opened and closed the orinigal tour.

Offline zoo adam

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 03:32:13 AM »
There was zero chance of TJT tour not being extended.

U2 like touring, it bigs up an old album & everyone likes earning money.

The only way it wasn't going to be extended was if the shows didn't sell out. But even then it would just be a case of extending by booking smaller venues.

The album Edge said U2 were "busting their ass" to get released in 2016, will not come out until 2018 (I hope).

Offline Primavera

• Babyface
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 06:21:32 AM »
Montreal is a big omission from the rumour list.

Offline acrobat62

• Elevated
  • I'm hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 06:37:12 AM »

Agreed, but would you want to perform at the Big O at this point?  I know they built a stadium there for 360 which was fabulous, but I don't think they would do that this time around, if we're talking JTJ30 Stadium tour.  What other existing stadium size venue is there in Montreal?

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2017, 06:39:30 AM »
I'm not surprised this tour would be expanded--I'm actually surprised Chicago isn't listed with a possible return date.  More surprising, though, is the artwork/possible confirmation of a new album this year.  I could imagine it's possible that the delays and perception of TJT30 relegating them as a nostalgia act could have lit a fire to finish up the new album and get it out as quickly as possible after this tour.  It does make the idea of touring as early as next year a bit odd, though.  Would they still find an audience willing to pay to see them just the year after they toured their biggest album?  I could see a lot of people passing, unless they decided to skip the usual markets for that tour.  Maybe it becomes similar to LoveTown?  Hm.  Lots to speculate about.

Offline Chargedvt

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2017, 06:51:28 AM »
I'm not surprised this tour would be expanded--I'm actually surprised Chicago isn't listed with a possible return date.  More surprising, though, is the artwork/possible confirmation of a new album this year.  I could imagine it's possible that the delays and perception of TJT30 relegating them as a nostalgia act could have lit a fire to finish up the new album and get it out as quickly as possible after this tour.  It does make the idea of touring as early as next year a bit odd, though.  Would they still find an audience willing to pay to see them just the year after they toured their biggest album?  I could see a lot of people passing, unless they decided to skip the usual markets for that tour.  Maybe it becomes similar to LoveTown?  Hm.  Lots to speculate about.

I'd say that if JT is extended they would avoid the US for SOE and tour through parts of the world that haven't seen U2 in years. Then a proper Euro tour and then maybe some US shows after.

Offline Primavera

• Babyface
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 07:36:37 AM »
I thought about that as well, but decided to post anyway.  :D

No, I can't think of another Montreal venue that size.

I think if U2 wanted to play Montreal then they would be happy to for their fee and have the promoter figure out the venue issue.

Another Toronto show would be nice too (given how quickly the upcoming June show sold-out I think the market could bear another one), but with the rumoured Buffalo and Detroit shows that seems really unlikely.

Too bad Ottawa doesn't have venue for this show as it would address the Montreal audience and possibly Southern Ontarians who aren't keen to cross the border.

Agreed, but would you want to perform at the Big O at this point?  I know they built a stadium there for 360 which was fabulous, but I don't think they would do that this time around, if we're talking JTJ30 Stadium tour.  What other existing stadium size venue is there in Montreal?

Offline tony_bolony

• Babyface
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2017, 08:50:23 AM »
I thought about that as well, but decided to post anyway.  :D

No, I can't think of another Montreal venue that size.

I think if U2 wanted to play Montreal then they would be happy to for their fee and have the promoter figure out the venue issue.

Another Toronto show would be nice too (given how quickly the upcoming June show sold-out I think the market could bear another one), but with the rumoured Buffalo and Detroit shows that seems really unlikely.

Too bad Ottawa doesn't have venue for this show as it would address the Montreal audience and possibly Southern Ontarians who aren't keen to cross the border.

I thought the issue with the Olympic Stadium for 360 was that the claw/rigging was too high. TJT stage doesn't seem to be quite as menacing... is something else wrong with the O that I'm missing? (and yes I agree that Montreal seriously needs to be on this list)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2017, 08:54:11 AM »

I'd say that if JT is extended they would avoid the US for SOE and tour through parts of the world that haven't seen U2 in years. Then a proper Euro tour and then maybe some US shows after.

I think something like this is about right - mind sounds everything is ready to go - they just seem to want to bleed the 30 year dry a bit longer

Offline Smee

• Numb
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2017, 09:26:13 AM »
I think when u2 return to USA, it will be with I+E Tour.......possible anytime from April 2018