Author Topic: Comparing Chicago 1 and 2  (Read 1532 times)

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
Re: Comparing Chicago 1 and 2
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2017, 12:51:53 AM »
As someone who saw day 2 and heard much about day 1, here are my thoughts.
Everyone was so hyped that ASOH made it into the day two set, then immediately seemed to make a double take as they complained about the synth arrangement, and said that Bad would be a better pick. Overall, great show.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2017, 01:29:23 AM »
I saw both shows, both from GA.

The first night we were further back, but somewhat close to the b stage. The visuals were incredible to watch from that area.

The second night we were to the right of the b stage, about 5 rows back, and about 20 rows from the main stage. I was standing dead center to Larry's drums on the main.

Both nights had crowd issues - drunk idiots and pushy people trying to push their way up to the front. Otherwise, there were a lot of happy and excited people dancing, signing, and jumping around like Edge does.

As for a comparison of the shows, night 2 was definitely more energetic for the band. They were really having more fun and Bono provided some impromptu sing-a-long's (Bob Marley, etc). You know it's a good night when Larry is blowing kisses from the stage.

Night 1 was solid and Bono did seem more reserved. It could have been because he had a week off from touring and hadn't quite gotten his groove back.

Edge did have a guitar problem on night 2 during WOWY. His replacement guitar - it wasn't out of tune, but the sound mix was off. I am sensitive to high pitch and it was really bothering me until the sound mix was corrected about half way through the song.

Both shows were great, but the consensus of the U2 party plane (tons of u2ers on my planes to and from Chicago) was that night 2 was the better show.

Offline threechords

• Wanderer
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 01:24:53 PM »
Yeah Chi 2.  I have heard a few folks at the shows, and online, talk about Seattle.  The BAD at Chi1 CRUSHED the Bad at Seattle.

I didn't think the Mothers was so great either in Seattle. I haven't watched the whole show yet but yeah Chi 2 was solid as they can do now. Forget Bono running around the "heart" stage before Streets or long  Beautiful Days now, but you take what you can get, and its still amazing.

Offline jocies

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 08:39:30 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The first night we were further back, but somewhat close to the b stage. The visuals were incredible to watch from that area.

The second night we were to the right of the b stage, about 5 rows back, and about 20 rows from the main stage. I was standing dead center to Larry's drums on the main.

Both nights had crowd issues - drunk idiots and pushy people trying to push their way up to the front. Otherwise, there were a lot of happy and excited people dancing, signing, and jumping around like Edge does.

As for a comparison of the shows, night 2 was definitely more energetic for the band. They were really having more fun and Bono provided some impromptu sing-a-long's (Bob Marley, etc). You know it's a good night when Larry is blowing kisses from the stage.

Night 1 was solid and Bono did seem more reserved. It could have been because he had a week off from touring and hadn't quite gotten his groove back.

Edge did have a guitar problem on night 2 during WOWY. His replacement guitar - it wasn't out of tune, but the sound mix was off. I am sensitive to high pitch and it was really bothering me until the sound mix was corrected about half way through the song.

Both shows were great, but the consensus of the U2 party plane (tons of u2ers on my planes to and from Chicago) was that night 2 was the better show.

I was right by where you were on Sunday. I thought there were more annoying drunks and pushy people then I've seen before in GA. And more weed than usual. I was getting annoyed. Three guys passed out in that area, one guy before the show even started. I don't understand why you would drink so much that you miss the show that you paid for. Stupid!
That being said, I thought the energy was great both from the band and crowd. Once U2 came on all annoyance went away. 😀

monopoly

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 08:42:25 PM »

I was right by where you were on Sunday. I thought there were more annoying drunks and pushy people then I've seen before in GA. And more weed than usual. I was getting annoyed. Three guys passed out in that area, one guy before the show even started. I don't understand why you would drink so much that you miss the show that you paid for. Stupid!
That being said, I thought the energy was great both from the band and crowd. Once U2 came on all annoyance went away. 😀

I guess we should start expecting more weed since it's becoming more easily accessible

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 09:12:05 PM »

I guess we should start expecting more weed since it's becoming more easily accessible

Yeah, I remember the guy passing out before the show started. All the people around me did a collective eye roll as a result. Stupidity reigns!

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
Comparing Chicago 1 and 2
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 09:34:33 PM »
What's the point of going to a concert if you are just going to get bombed and black out?  I never understood that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 09:44:03 PM by aviastar »

Offline wlomaco

• Stateless
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 09:42:10 PM »
On our way into Chicago 1, a very patient looking man was helping his wife along, who was clearly wasted.  She could not walk straight or keep her balance and this was 1 hour before the Lumineers even came on.  It was really pathetic.  No way I want to be seriously under the influence of anything other than the music during a U2 show. Sure have a beer, but getting totally sloshed just seems like a big waste.