Author Topic: New Dates Announced  (Read 9906 times)

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
Re: New Dates Announced
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2017, 07:55:35 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
A lot of people do. Hope they make it your way this fall. You going to Europe for a show?
Had tickets for Berlin but just couldn't make it work sadly. So no.
Sold them? ;-)
They found new homes. They'll be well used.

Offline Peter Parker

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 07:58:48 AM »
Too bad😫

Skickat från min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk

Offline jc619er

• Numb
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 08:00:28 AM »
San Diego, my hometown, on my actual birthday. I couldn't be more excited. And it's five minutes from my house. What a great thing to wake up to.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2017, 08:24:56 AM »
Weird that Atlanta and New Orleans didn't make the final cut. Sorry Ken. :(

But I'm kind of tempted to make a Labor Day weekend trip to Detroit. Too bad Buffalo is on a weekday because that is tempting as well.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2017, 08:27:09 AM »
I'm already going to Cleveland. I'm cool with only one show this tour but I was looking forward to U2 coming to Atlanta for the first time since 2009
Just yankin ya chain. It's surprising they're not playing there.
All good boss. Yea I can't believe they're playing Buffalo but not here. I know they can't come this because of Bonnaroo. Praying that's why they haven't announced it yet

Buffalo is basically another Toronto show.

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2017, 08:34:31 AM »
No more Europe dates ?

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2017, 08:49:48 AM »
WHERE IS ATLANTA

It's in Georgia, gosh Ken, look at a map. :)

Kind of surprised by both a Kansas City and St Louis show, they are only a couple hours apart.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 08:51:31 AM by lorijane »

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2017, 08:51:34 AM »
OK, a theory re: Atlanta ...

There's a suspicious gap in the dates between St. Louis and San Diego. I read a rumor last night on another site that they *could* be waiting on Atlanta. Apparently, construction on the new stadium was behind and there was some concern that it might not be ready in time for the season, but they now expect it to open as planned in August.

U2 *could* be waiting to see there: If the much larger dome is ready, perhaps they play there and not NOLA, but if the stadium isn't ready and they play the renovated Turner Field, they also add NOLA? There's going to be a difference of like 35,000 seats there between the two Atlanta venues, and NOLA was a disaster the last time they played there (though it was PopMart).

I think another shoe is going to drop.

Offline bemerbono

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2017, 08:53:22 AM »
Hey, easy on Buffalo. You'll never have a better pre show atmosphere.😉 And yes being next to 10 million southern Ontario Canadians doesn't hurt

Offline dougie

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • A Bozo on the bus going nowhere!
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2017, 09:02:54 AM »
I really wanted to go see them in New Orleans. A better time of the year to go to there. I might just plan to go and if I drink enough, I'll think any band is super great- but I'll eventually realize they didn't hold a candle to our boys.

Offline DPardue

• Wanderer
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2017, 09:32:24 AM »

There's a suspicious gap in the dates between St. Louis and San Diego. I read a rumor last night on another site that they *could* be waiting on Atlanta. Apparently, construction on the new stadium was behind and there was some concern that it might not be ready in time for the season, but they now expect it to open as planned in August.

U2 *could* be waiting to see there: If the much larger dome is ready, perhaps they play there and not NOLA, but if the stadium isn't ready and they play the renovated Turner Field, they also add NOLA? There's going to be a difference of like 35,000 seats there between the two Atlanta venues, and NOLA was a disaster the last time they played there (though it was PopMart).

I agree with this.  Just because new dates were announce doesn't mean that no more dates will be announced.  This has happened before when an extra show or two was added.  Next week's Louisville, KY show was added later after the initial dates were announced.  The southeast has not been represented much at all on this tour.  I think they will add a date to address that.

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2017, 09:36:45 AM »
I'm already going to Cleveland. I'm cool with only one show this tour but I was looking forward to U2 coming to Atlanta for the first time since 2009
Just yankin ya chain. It's surprising they're not playing there.
All good boss. Yea I can't believe they're playing Buffalo but not here. I know they can't come this because of Bonnaroo. Praying that's why they haven't announced it yet

Buffalo is basically another Toronto show.

But without the fun of actually being in Toronto.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2017, 09:39:03 AM »

I agree with this.  Just because new dates were announce doesn't mean that no more dates will be announced.  This has happened before when an extra show or two was added.  Next week's Louisville, KY show was added later after the initial dates were announced.  The southeast has not been represented much at all on this tour.  I think they will add a date to address that.

And there were no shows in the South on I+E, either. Atlanta hasn't been played since 2009. I am sure Atlanta would have been on this initial run but for the stadium situation, and rumor has it the fall back was going to be North Carolina, but it went to Louisville instead because of the NC transgender bathroom bill.

Offline miamiborne

• Babyface
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2017, 10:21:07 AM »
Geez, just hurry up with this tour and get SOE released!!!

monopoly

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2017, 10:35:33 AM »
No opening act in the USA?