Author Topic: New Dates Announced  (Read 10052 times)

monopoly

Re: New Dates Announced
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2017, 10:36:56 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
OK, a theory re: Atlanta ...

There's a suspicious gap in the dates between St. Louis and San Diego. I read a rumor last night on another site that they *could* be waiting on Atlanta. Apparently, construction on the new stadium was behind and there was some concern that it might not be ready in time for the season, but they now expect it to open as planned in August.

U2 *could* be waiting to see there: If the much larger dome is ready, perhaps they play there and not NOLA, but if the stadium isn't ready and they play the renovated Turner Field, they also add NOLA? There's going to be a difference of like 35,000 seats there between the two Atlanta venues, and NOLA was a disaster the last time they played there (though it was PopMart).

I think another shoe is going to drop.

I agree with this.  Just because new dates were announce doesn't mean that no more dates will be announced.  This has happened before when an extra show or two was added.  Next week's Louisville, KY show was added later after the initial dates were announced.  The southeast has not been represented much at all on this tour.  I think they will add a date to address that.

Do you think there will be additional san Diego shows?

Offline mattso88

• Wanderer
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2017, 10:42:13 AM »
I just know they'd get a great response here in ATL. I really hope it gets a late add :(

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2017, 10:50:25 AM »
I'm already going to Cleveland. I'm cool with only one show this tour but I was looking forward to U2 coming to Atlanta for the first time since 2009
Just yankin ya chain. It's surprising they're not playing there.
All good boss. Yea I can't believe they're playing Buffalo but not here. I know they can't come this because of Bonnaroo. Praying that's why they haven't announced it yet

Buffalo is basically another Toronto show.

But without the fun of actually being in Toronto.

And better wings.

Offline dirtdrybonesandstone

• Numb
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2017, 11:00:25 AM »
WHERE IS ATLANTA

It's in Georgia, gosh Ken, look at a map. :)

Kind of surprised by both a Kansas City and St Louis show, they are only a couple hours apart.

Indianapolis and KC are 3.5 hours on each side of St Louis.   Am surprised as well.   Here's hoping for some Heartland!

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2017, 11:14:02 AM »
OK, a theory re: Atlanta ...

There's a suspicious gap in the dates between St. Louis and San Diego. I read a rumor last night on another site that they *could* be waiting on Atlanta. Apparently, construction on the new stadium was behind and there was some concern that it might not be ready in time for the season, but they now expect it to open as planned in August.

U2 *could* be waiting to see there: If the much larger dome is ready, perhaps they play there and not NOLA, but if the stadium isn't ready and they play the renovated Turner Field, they also add NOLA? There's going to be a difference of like 35,000 seats there between the two Atlanta venues, and NOLA was a disaster the last time they played there (though it was PopMart).

I think another shoe is going to drop.

I agree with this.  Just because new dates were announce doesn't mean that no more dates will be announced.  This has happened before when an extra show or two was added.  Next week's Louisville, KY show was added later after the initial dates were announced.  The southeast has not been represented much at all on this tour.  I think they will add a date to address that.

Do you think there will be additional san Diego shows?

I don't know that market, but I sort of doubt it after already playing LA and San Francisco. I am sure Qualcomm Stadium is glad to get the business with the Chargers sadly moving on.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2017, 11:15:28 AM »
No opening act in the USA?

My local paper says Noel Gallagher is opening the Minneapolis show, but no confirmation on U2.com yet.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2017, 11:23:14 AM »
No opening act in the USA?

My local paper says Noel Gallagher is opening the Minneapolis show, but no confirmation on U2.com yet.

SWEET. I thought maybe The National. They have an album coming in September.

Offline DPardue

• Wanderer
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2017, 11:26:43 AM »
The midwest has certainly been blessed on this tour.  There are/have been stops in Cleveland, Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, Kansas City, and Indianapolis.

WookieeWarrior10

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2017, 11:52:35 AM »
Well, that's good for them.

Offline DisgruntledSherpa

• Babyface
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2017, 12:08:43 PM »
I have a bad feeling this thing is going to extend into 2018 and we're never going to see a SOE release.

Offline threechords

• Wanderer
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2017, 12:20:57 PM »
Does anyone see the Detroit show yet on TM?  I don't see it.  Am I missing something, or is it somewhere else?

Offline DPardue

• Wanderer
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2017, 12:53:57 PM »
The Detroit show is on 9/3 per the official site.

Offline zoo adam

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2017, 12:57:22 PM »
Very, very disappointed by the fact they announce new dates for The Joshua Tree tour.

Let's hope "Songs of Experience" will be release the 1st december 2017.

"f*** the past, kiss the future" like Bono said once.

It says the shows have been added due to 'overwhelming demand'.

I just hope Trump doesn't get impeached in 2018. As that will mean another album rethink.

Offline Beneathadesertsky

• Wanderer
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2017, 01:04:52 PM »
No Colorado :(

Offline thistrain

• Babyface
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2017, 01:19:47 PM »
Weird that Atlanta and New Orleans didn't make the final cut. Sorry Ken. :(
I think they can't announce Atlanta until after Bonnaroo this weekend due to the no-compete clause with the festival. You can't have a show x many miles from the festival for x amount of time. Anyone still on the fence would choose to go to Atlanta rather than go see them at Bonnaroo.