Author Topic: New Dates Announced  (Read 10034 times)

Offline wambui24

• Babyface
Re: New Dates Announced
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2017, 02:48:43 PM »
Gonna try to make the trip to Minneapolis.  I only used 3 of my 4 pre-sale tickets for Vancouver, but for the life of me, I can't find my dang code.  Anyone know if you're supposed to be able to find it on your u2.com account, or if they're planning on resending members their codes tomorrow?  I certainly hope so.  =/  Having seen the opening show, I'm really looking forward to seeing them again now that they seem to have gotten a bit more into their groove. 

Offline Achtung Bubba

• Stateless
  • Achtung, Y'all.
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2017, 02:58:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Maybe they hate atlanta

The Joshua Tree in particular appeals to traditional Southern rock fans, and in my own personal experience, Atlanta audiences have been very loud indeed for Brits like Coldplay and David Gray, so I think the band would be leaving money on the table if they ignore the Southeast apart from Kentucky and Bonnoroo.

I hope/suspect that there will be a second round of 3rd-leg shows being announced, and I say this as someone who probably would skip the show even if they do come to Atlanta.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2017, 03:02:08 PM »
Gonna try to make the trip to Minneapolis.  I only used 3 of my 4 pre-sale tickets for Vancouver, but for the life of me, I can't find my dang code.  Anyone know if you're supposed to be able to find it on your u2.com account, or if they're planning on resending members their codes tomorrow?  I certainly hope so.  =/  Having seen the opening show, I'm really looking forward to seeing them again now that they seem to have gotten a bit more into their groove. 

The FAQ's on U2.com have been updated to say if you didn't get four tickets with the presale code, you can use whatever is remaining. I didn't see anything on if they would post the codes again, I should have two tickets left, but don't see the code on my acccount and I'm not sure if I saved it anywhere. I may email them if they don't say anything about it soon.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2017, 03:09:25 PM »
Maybe they hate atlanta

The Joshua Tree in particular appeals to traditional Southern rock fans, and in my own personal experience, Atlanta audiences have been very loud indeed for Brits like Coldplay and David Gray, so I think the band would be leaving money on the table if they ignore the Southeast apart from Kentucky and Bonnoroo.

I hope/suspect that there will be a second round of 3rd-leg shows being announced, and I say this as someone who probably would skip the show even if they do come to Atlanta.

Yeah, this is a venue issue plain and simple, and I bet Atlanta gets a show. Atlanta has always been good to U2. The PopMart show I attended was near capacity, and some shows on that leg were brutal (Clemson, Tampa, NOLA). I believe they sold out two nights on Elevation and the 360 show in the Georgia Dome was packed.

Offline threechords

• Wanderer
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2017, 03:43:26 PM »
Boy TM still doesn't show the Detroit show.  Is some other vendor selling it?  I know the Denver show was someone else a few tours ago and was NOT TM.  Anyway, anyone see that shows upcoming sale page?  It is NOT on TM.

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2017, 04:09:42 PM »
Any thoughts on why they are not going to Phoenix or Vegas?  Considering the historical tie between the original tour, R&H film, and WOWY video I thought those would get a show this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline wambui24

• Babyface
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2017, 04:19:02 PM »

The FAQ's on U2.com have been updated to say if you didn't get four tickets with the presale code, you can use whatever is remaining. I didn't see anything on if they would post the codes again, I should have two tickets left, but don't see the code on my acccount and I'm not sure if I saved it anywhere. I may email them if they don't say anything about it soon.

Yeah, I emailed them this morning and haven't heard anything back yet.  I'll let you know if I do.  I'm hoping they'll send codes out tomorrow to folks who still have tickets left. 

Offline Halup

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2017, 04:24:21 PM »
Any thoughts on why they are not going to Phoenix or Vegas?  Considering the historical tie between the original tour, R&H film, and WOWY video I thought those would get a show this time around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know with 100% certainty that Vegas at the T Mobile Arena was on the list for the fall 2016 tour so it's a lock to be played on the US leg when that tour gets rescheduled next year. The stadium there is very small and while they did play there for 360, they would only be able to get around 35,000 in there for this tour. Plus it would still be very hot there for an outdoor show in September.

As far as Phoenix goes, I can only assume the stadium in Glendale may not be available  in their time frame or they are just uncertain about how well it would sell after being there in 2015. I still hope it could be added.

Offline JStu

• Babyface
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2017, 07:44:02 PM »
I am really hoping for a Phoenix area date. Between University of Phoenix stadium, Chase Field and Sun Devil Stadium they can find a venue!

Offline mcpaulson22

• Babyface
  • Ill see you again when the stars fall from the sky
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2017, 09:01:25 PM »

On U2.com's website it says that the codes will be sent/updated soon

Yeah, I emailed them this morning and haven't heard anything back yet.  I'll let you know if I do.  I'm hoping they'll send codes out tomorrow to folks who still have tickets left.

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2017, 10:21:32 PM »
If Noel opens in Atlanta it will without a doubt be the greatest show I've ever seen

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2017, 10:33:58 PM »
Heard that in Atlanta Noel will be one of three opening acts, the other 2 being Paramore and 21 pilots.

monopoly

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2017, 10:50:07 PM »
Heard that in Atlanta Noel will be one of three opening acts, the other 2 being Paramore and 21 pilots.

Is this a joke?

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2017, 11:01:00 PM »
Well, guess I'm seeing U2 three times in three months. I'm strangely OK with this.

Offline Señor McPhisto

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2017, 01:37:32 AM »
According to official sources, GA tickets in Mexico will be $140 USD + fees! That is twice as much as what the official U2.com announcement said, which stated that general admition floor tickets would be priced at $70 USD.

This is completely preposterous! And how was this allowed to happen!?