Author Topic: New Dates Announced  (Read 9917 times)

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
Re: New Dates Announced
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2017, 09:41:10 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Pittsburgh only sold 40k tickets...

Pittsburgh is struggling right now. I've read stories about several acts under-perfoming in that market, so I wouldn't panic just yet. Folks here keeping an eye on sales told us this one was soft.

Offline zoo adam

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2017, 10:08:42 AM »
Fans waiting for a new album are in for a bumpy ride. 

TJT tour is going to keep getting extended. New date annoncements will be a regular occurrence due to 'overwhelming demand'.

Once the final dates of the latest final shows draws near, there will be an agonizing wait to see if there is yet another annoncement of more dates & another exension, or whether that is actually the end.

When TJT tour does finally finish, no one will have any idea when the next album will be released. Once Edge goes back into the studio to start mixing, he may never come out. 

« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 10:18:58 AM by zoo adam »

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2017, 12:16:40 PM »
Tickets for the Detroit show will be on sale here:

Offline codeguy

• Elevated
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2017, 12:58:57 PM »
The Pittsburgh show is a fluke - all the other shows have looked like full houses so far. Also, with shows in Cleveland, East Rutherford x2 , Chicago x2 and Cleveland, the pittsburgh show won't attract a whole lot of out-of-towners who would prefer a long drive or short flight to Chicago, New York etc

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2017, 01:29:42 PM »
Fans waiting for a new album are in for a bumpy ride. 

TJT tour is going to keep getting extended. New date annoncements will be a regular occurrence due to 'overwhelming demand'.

Once the final dates of the latest final shows draws near, there will be an agonizing wait to see if there is yet another annoncement of more dates & another exension, or whether that is actually the end.

When TJT tour does finally finish, no one will have any idea when the next album will be released. Once Edge goes back into the studio to start mixing, he may never come out. 

Or the tour ends after this addition and the album is released as planned. Just as likely. There's no point making predictions one way or another.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2017, 01:49:06 PM »
something about no Phoenix date just feels wrong.   :/

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2017, 01:51:30 PM »
something about no Phoenix date just feels wrong.   :/
no kidding...I'm trying not to think about it

Offline dirtdrybonesandstone

• Numb
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2017, 02:59:04 PM »

When TJT tour does finally finish, no one will have any idea when the next album will be released.

Assuming they even release another one..

Offline The Exile

• Up With the Sun
  • It's all ball bearings nowadays.
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2017, 03:01:25 PM »
There's no point making predictions one way or another.

Mark my words, more predictions will be made. I'd bet my life on it.  ;)

Offline mcpaulson22

• Babyface
  • Ill see you again when the stars fall from the sky
« Reply #84 on: June 08, 2017, 03:38:24 PM »

When TJT tour does finally finish, no one will have any idea when the next album will be released.

Assuming they even release another one..

They have an album cover and have performed one of the songs from the album (Bono even let us know it's the last song on the album). No need to worry about them NOT releasing a new album. It's a good time to relax and enjoy the tour for now.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #85 on: June 08, 2017, 04:03:43 PM »
Really exciting news---I've just purchased Red Zone tickets to Detroit!  What is Red Zone like, for those of you who have experienced it?

Offline wlomaco

• Stateless
« Reply #86 on: June 08, 2017, 04:20:34 PM »
I literally stood just outside red zone in Chicago on the rail that separated red zone from non-red zone GA so I looked at what was going on in there all night.  Security kept tabs on those going in/out to make sure they had the right wristbands.  There was a drink cart with something besides beer, and a pretty long line to get drinks.  Once the show was about to start, they removed the drink cart.  People milled in and out a lot.  It was not full.  The fans frankly struck me as being more casual fans.  In Chicago, Mario Batali was in there, I believe, and both a Cubs player (Anthony Rizzo) and the Blackhawks' goalie were in there, so there may be local or other celebrities.  Otherwise, I'd say pretty much the same as regular GA.

Offline wambui24

• Babyface
« Reply #87 on: June 08, 2017, 06:36:16 PM »
I did RZ for IE, and it was pretty great, although, for that tour, RZ wasn't able to get right up to B-stage, which was kind of disappointing.  I got a RZ ticket this morning for Minneapolis and am super stoked.  I would have gone for GA, but I'm going solo, and I'm not super excited about sitting in line all day by myself.  Also, I drink a lot of water (and beer), have to pee a lot, and am short, so I figured the extra $$ was worth it to me.  ;) 

I hope there aren't a bunch of just casual fans in there.  =(  wlomaco, how long were you in line in Chicago to get the GA spot you had? 

Offline rantard

• Wanderer
  • vision over visibility
« Reply #88 on: June 08, 2017, 09:57:55 PM »
My guess is there's room for two more shows between St. Louis and San Diego. Denver and Phoenix could happen still. Two very important cities for the band and this album tour the first time around.

Offline ozmodiar

• Stateless
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2017, 11:00:41 PM »
I literally stood just outside red zone in Chicago on the rail that separated red zone from non-red zone GA so I looked at what was going on in there all night.  Security kept tabs on those going in/out to make sure they had the right wristbands.  There was a drink cart with something besides beer, and a pretty long line to get drinks.  Once the show was about to start, they removed the drink cart.  People milled in and out a lot.  It was not full.  The fans frankly struck me as being more casual fans.  In Chicago, Mario Batali was in there, I believe, and both a Cubs player (Anthony Rizzo) and the Blackhawks' goalie were in there, so there may be local or other celebrities.  Otherwise, I'd say pretty much the same as regular GA.

hahaha, my friend who made me wait hours in line to get photos with the World Series Trophy/Stanley Cup will flip out when she finds out we were in the red zone with Rizzo and Crawford!