Author Topic: I Have Officially Changed My Mind About the Warhorses  (Read 504 times)

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
I Have Officially Changed My Mind About the Warhorses
« on: June 07, 2017, 12:55:47 AM »
Before I went to my first ever U2 concert, just from watching the footage, I was leaning into the camp of, ill trade off Streets for Acrobat, etc. i no longer am really in that camp. While I would love to see 1 or 2 war horse songs switched out at any given time for more obscure selections, after dancing around to Elevation, screaming my lungs out to Streets, and starring at Larry beat out the drums to Sunday Bloody Sunday, ive realized in a way I could never get from watching on YouTube why the songs are so popular.  Maybe that opinion will flip back once ive seen more U2 concerts, but that is where i stand for now.

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
Re: I Have Officially Changed My Mind About the Warhorses
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 05:12:21 AM »
I loved hearing Pride this time around...it felt like there was a whole new energy to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 05:14:17 AM »
Songs like these will live forever...and always be presented in a great way.

Offline aviastar

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 06:27:26 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Songs like these will live forever...and always be presented in a great way.

True.  I mean, as much as LOVE checking off a deep cut on my list (ASOH, TJT Side 2), I will acknowledge BD, Elevation, and One just really get the place shaking.

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 06:47:42 AM »
It is so hard to understand how a song "works" without being there. Reading a set list or watching a periscope just doesn't communicate the song's impact. The songs aren't my favorite, but they are a crowd pleaser for sure.

I was also glad to see that The Little Things seemed to get a good reception, at least where I was standing. Obviously it wasn't a big singalong, but the crowd seemed into it.