Author Topic: Scalpers  (Read 541 times)

Offline bcberg

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Scalpers
« on: June 08, 2017, 05:20:47 PM »
Forgive my ignorance, but how are tickets already available on secondary markets (i.e. StubHub) when the public onsale hasnt even begun and all presale tickets required CC entry?

Offline weinerdog

• Stateless
Re: Scalpers
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 06:14:16 PM »
They could have got some in the presale today, but most of them are probably just tickets they'll presume to get in the general sale.

Offline octoberreckoning

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 07:15:11 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Forgive my ignorance, but how are tickets already available on secondary markets (i.e. StubHub) when the public onsale hasnt even begun and all presale tickets required CC entry?
NFL season ticket holders frequently have access to purchase tickets in their seats for other events in the venue.

Offline bcberg

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 07:19:42 PM »
NFL season ticket holders frequently have access to purchase tickets in their seats for other events in the venue.
Makes sense. Thanks!

monopoly

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2017, 07:28:18 PM »
I think most are people planning to get the tickets. It should also be noted, Ticketmaster does give tickets to scalpers...

Offline weinerdog

• Stateless
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 07:46:23 PM »
Also, many presale tix didn't (don't) require credit card entry. That's only the floor(GA) for most venues and many of the highest price lower level seats. Scalpers get around the cc requirement by purchasing with a prepaid cc, then sending that to the buyer to use for admittance. Venues will say you need an ID, but they just swipe the cc handed to them and you're in the building.