Author Topic: The Adam Appreciation Thread  (Read 636263 times)

Offline trlica

• Holy Joe
Re: The Adam Appreciation Thread
« Reply #8085 on: March 17, 2013, 06:19:52 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey, saw that Hot Press just did an in-depth interview with Adam this past week(?).  Is there any way for Adam's fans to see the full article if we aren't lucky enough to be in Ireland right now and able to buy the issue on the newsstand?!?!  The Hot Press website just has a short teaser article!

At the moment, the only option is to have someone scan the article and post it. I'm a Hot Press subscriber to their website and the full article is not available yet for us. But here are some teasers to read:

Thank you Jen!  :)

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #8086 on: March 17, 2013, 08:08:50 AM »
Hey, saw that Hot Press just did an in-depth interview with Adam this past week(?).  Is there any way for Adam's fans to see the full article if we aren't lucky enough to be in Ireland right now and able to buy the issue on the newsstand?!?!  The Hot Press website just has a short teaser article!

At the moment, the only option is to have someone scan the article and post it. I'm a Hot Press subscriber to their website and the full article is not available yet for us. But here are some teasers to read:

Thanks Jen! So much info revealed! About his son, the baby mama, and the fact that he rides the Subway!

Offline Lolly4612

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #8087 on: March 17, 2013, 12:19:22 PM »
Jen, thanks so much for supplying the additional teasers to read!  Hopefully we'll all get a chance to see the full interview .... it's really nice to hear from Adam.  It doesn't happen that often and he seems like such a great guy!!!

Offline seashells

• Staring at the Sun
  • Let me in the sound
« Reply #8088 on: March 17, 2013, 05:31:07 PM »

Thanks Jen! So much info revealed! About his son, the baby mama, and the fact that he rides the Subway!

I am visiting NYC this week and riding the subway day and night.  Sad to report no Adam sightings.  Really, the subway is not an Adamish scene!

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #8089 on: March 17, 2013, 05:51:06 PM »
I've never been on the NY subway, but from my impression of it, a poshie like Adam on it seems unlikely! Is the "mood" of the subway different at different times of the day, or on different lines/routes? I'm sure Adam is sensible and only takes it when it is safe  :P

Offline seashells

• Staring at the Sun
  • Let me in the sound
« Reply #8090 on: March 18, 2013, 08:18:26 AM »
It is full of musicians/entertainers.  A man walked through the cars playing an accordion (and woman followed w/hat out collecting $).  I've seen sax players, flutists, a few instruments I've never seen before, a group dancing to a loud Britney Spears song (they had a large audience cheering them on), skateboarders doing stunts for $.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #8091 on: March 18, 2013, 01:04:28 PM »
^Paris Metro is the same. One night while riding it back to our apartment late at night, an accordionist set up right in front of our seats. Started playing some really over the top stuff. I'd have to ask my daughter if she remembers what exactly. We were so tired and giggly, we couldn't control ourselves, like crying laughter. We will never forget that!

I don't ride the NYC metro too much. We do the PATH when we stay in Jersey City.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #8092 on: March 18, 2013, 06:54:33 PM »
It is full of musicians/entertainers.  A man walked through the cars playing an accordion (and woman followed w/hat out collecting $).  I've seen sax players, flutists, a few instruments I've never seen before, a group dancing to a loud Britney Spears song (they had a large audience cheering them on), skateboarders doing stunts for $.

I love accordion guy!  I used to see him a lot.  It's like a whole sub-culture down there.  The other day there was a guy playing Sweet Home Alabama on some kind of electric violin, it was great! 

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #8093 on: March 18, 2013, 09:45:26 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Reply #8094 on: March 19, 2013, 10:07:06 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TotallyDaft

• Stateless
« Reply #8095 on: March 21, 2013, 08:05:14 PM »

Not too shabby.   ;)

Offline Gleise

« Reply #8096 on: March 22, 2013, 03:07:25 PM »

This pic was taken by me, at the airport in Sao Paulo.

Offline Lolly4612

« Reply #8097 on: March 24, 2013, 02:48:34 PM »
Will the full Hot Press interview (from 3/14/2013) ever become available for those of us not able to get the hardcopy?!  I soooo want to read it! :D

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #8098 on: March 24, 2013, 08:18:28 PM »

This pic was taken by me, at the airport in Sao Paulo.

Great picture, thank you!

« Reply #8099 on: March 25, 2013, 09:16:30 AM »

Adam's Hot Press article finally available!