Author Topic: Atlanta?  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Johnny_Mac12

• Refugee
Re: Atlanta?
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2017, 02:46:10 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It is highly unusual for a stadium tour to hit every single available event in the greater Southeast. Someone usually gets left out, and it looks like this time it is going to be Atlanta because of the reasons I cited above.
We've been left out for 3 straight tours... that's the problem with it. Atlanta is much larger than many of the cities which got a show. Does Tampa really need a show if Miami has one? Let's be honest, the majority of U2's fan base isn't interested in attending a music festival. The vast majority of people aren't going to take off work and drive 6+ hours when most artists come to their town.

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2017, 02:48:40 PM »
It is highly unusual for a stadium tour to hit every single available event in the greater Southeast. Someone usually gets left out, and it looks like this time it is going to be Atlanta because of the reasons I cited above.
We've been left out for 3 straight tours... that's the problem with it. Atlanta is much larger than many of the cities which got a show. Does Tampa really need a show if Miami has one? Let's be honest, the majority of U2's fan base isn't interested in attending a music festival. The vast majority of people aren't going to take off work and drive 6+ hours when most artists come to their town.
I would have liked an ALT show I flew to Tampa from Nashville but I had to work with what was available

Offline cocamojoe

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2017, 03:34:23 PM »
Assuming that no Atlanta date is announced, then this would only mark the second tour to skip Atlanta, since the 360 did play there. With that said, their Bonnaroo show seemed to go off really well, so maybe they are now more open to the idea of playing more festivals? If they played Music Midtown, I'd go! I live in Pittsburgh, but grew up 2 hours away from Atlanta, in Augusta! Every year, family and friends both always text me the lineup for Music Midtown, begging me to join them. If U2 played, I'd have no choice but to go!

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2017, 04:27:25 PM »
lol U2 isn't playing Midtown. Those headliners have been locked for months (well three of them) and they're Blink 182, Mumford and Bruno Mars. the 4th isn't confirmed but they're from Atlanta

Offline Johnny_Mac12

• Refugee
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2017, 04:33:29 PM »
Assuming that no Atlanta date is announced, then this would only mark the second tour to skip Atlanta, since the 360 did play there. With that said, their Bonnaroo show seemed to go off really well, so maybe they are now more open to the idea of playing more festivals? If they played Music Midtown, I'd go! I live in Pittsburgh, but grew up 2 hours away from Atlanta, in Augusta! Every year, family and friends both always text me the lineup for Music Midtown, begging me to join them. If U2 played, I'd have no choice but to go!
Technically, it is just the second. However, the 360 tour was basically two tours. The band fully toured the US both in 2009 and 2011, bit skipped Atlanta and opted to play Nashville instead the second time around. Also, a Sunday performance at Music Midtown would be great for me as well, but we probably should get out hopes up!! :(

Offline Backstreets92

• Babyface
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2017, 05:32:19 PM »
lol U2 isn't playing Midtown. Those headliners have been locked for months (well three of them) and they're Blink 182, Mumford and Bruno Mars. the 4th isn't confirmed but they're from Atlanta

4th is almost certainly Outkast.

But definitely, I'd love for them to return here. I first saw them in 2005 at Phillips Arena.

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2017, 06:19:00 PM »

But definitely, I'd love for them to return here. I first saw them in 2005 at Phillips Arena.
I would love Outkast but they're both starting new solo album cycles

Offline cocamojoe

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2017, 07:00:33 PM »

My first U2 show was also at Phillips Arena in 2005! Night 2!

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2017, 07:20:26 AM »
U2 didn't play anywhere in the southeast on I+E. That's not unique to Atlanta. This is the first time they've been 'skipped' when shows were played all around them. There's a clear explanation for why. I sincerely don't understand the complaining. The disappointment, yes. The confusion? No.

Offline Backstreets92

• Babyface
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2017, 09:01:56 AM »

My first U2 show was also at Phillips Arena in 2005! Night 2!

Same. I remember going downtown to see the new Harry Potter movie which had come out the day before and then rushing over to get in line. Great day!

And yeah, I forgot about the solo records, so probably not Outkast at MM. But who else? Probably not a rock act. Future maybe? Young Thug? Soulja Boy?

Offline argecash

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2017, 01:40:26 PM »
I have no interest in seeing them at a music festival.

I saw Pink Floyd at Bobby Dodd stadium in 1994 and it was great.

Offline mmreesescott

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2017, 03:53:40 PM »
Glad to see there are others that are disappointed that the ATL is not represented this go round. Disappointed, but will do what I can to see them in SD or wherever the last show ends up being.