Author Topic: Red Zone  (Read 1932 times)

Offline AchtungAW

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Red Zone
« on: June 24, 2017, 07:39:11 AM »
For all those who have seen the JT tour already, where is the best place to stand in the red zone to see the whole show?  We are headed to Boston tomorrow and want to make the most of it!! 

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Re: Red Zone
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 07:49:08 AM »
I'll let others comment who have actually been (Europe soon!) From what I can see around the b stage should allow you to get a good view - Edges part of the stage

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 07:51:52 AM »
I'm not sure exactly where Larry's drums are, as compared to the red zone, but I've read a few comments on here about being too close to Larry...people are hearing, uh, like an echo or something...might be a good place to avoid??? I honestly don't know, because I haven't been there, but thought I'd share what I've read.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 07:54:25 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm not sure exactly where Larry's drums are, as compared to the red zone, but I've read a few comments on here about being too close to Larry...people are hearing, uh, like an echo or something...might be a good place to avoid??? I honestly don't know, because I haven't been there, but thought I'd share what I've read.

I think that's the opposite side to the Red Zone but worth a watching if it isn't!

Offline brupars

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 07:56:24 AM »
For all those who have seen the JT tour already, where is the best place to stand in the red zone to see the whole show?  We are headed to Boston tomorrow and want to make the most of it!!
The two things to avoid are the camera boom and being close to the ramp on the catwalk which may block view to the main stage. The Edges keyboard may also block your view of Larry on the tree stage.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

monopoly

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 01:02:40 PM »
The most popular spot has been the connecting catwalk. No one goes to the main stage because it's ridiculously high, barely any of the band comes there, and you can't the any of the show. Most of the b stage is blocked by the piano and camera boom. And either way on the catwalk or b stage, the band won't face you. If you're at the catwalk, at least you'll be fairly close when they're in the main stage. Bono does stop on the catwalk for a song for about a minute. If you're behind the piano, you get a lot of butt.

Offline usceltic

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2017, 03:24:28 PM »
I was at the Miami show. Red zone, on the rail, right in the corner where ga begins. Great spot!

Offline AchtungAW

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2017, 07:38:04 AM »
Thank you so much everybody for the Red Zone tips!  We are headed to Beantown soon! 

Offline u2fanaticforever

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2017, 06:24:02 PM »
I'm going to Red Zone in Cleveland, so please report back on your Boston Red Zone experience!

Offline Kriss_Krissov

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 07:57:57 AM »
Hello friends,
I'm going to Rome and I have tickets on the red zone. My concern is regarding that I need to pick-up my ticket at the Venue Box Office.
This Venue Box Office is at the location of the stadium ? When I get there I have to ask the staff/organizers for direction? an present my order and identity card? and after that I will get my tickets?

Please give me your advice regarding how can I get the tickets! Thank you in advice and enjoy the concert in Rome!

Offline Dono

• Refugee
  • If I could, I would.....
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 11:16:14 AM »
In the past for RZ you got a letter/email with the instructions of where to go and what to bring for the ticket pickup. The location is usually beside the stadium. If it's inside the security cordon you show the email and maybe ID and they let you through to collect the tickets. Enjoy.

Offline Ginapier@msn.com

• Babyface
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2017, 07:00:00 PM »
I was in red zone last night in NJ. I chose the tree branch behind the edge's keyboard. Great view of Larry and edge comes round a few times and Adam stopped by as well..Bono did not. I guess it's hard to make a stadium show feel intimate...but I was disappointed. It was NOTHING like the i & E redzone. As soon as the band went to the main stage we saw nothing!

I'm not complaining. I've been to every tour (multiple times) since the unforgettable fire in 1984.. I just have a lot to compare and live up to ...

It didn't help that over 2 hours in NY/NJ traffic to get there, stand in the heat for 9 hours till showtime and end up getting sick as the band is walking down the catwalk! Dehydrated I suppose. I hadn't to leave the rail 4 songs in, and then leave the venue an hour early and sat in the parking lot...kinda sucked for me!

Red zone is an experience an did you don't have a good time it's your own fault..make the best of it and look up and be thankful you're not in the last row of the stadium, we've all been there one time or another... enjoy!

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2017, 07:18:03 PM »
I'm just curious--why line up so early if you've got RZ tickets?

Offline Ginapier@msn.com

• Babyface
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2017, 07:25:31 PM »

Yesterday the line started at 9am! Even in redzone people get there early and you get a sharpe number on your hand upon arrival because when the check in begins people can get ugly! If you are hell bent on a specific rail spot, u better arrive early...

I will say it was very organized and civilized upon entering...a pleasant surprise...

monopoly

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2017, 07:39:07 PM »

Yesterday the line started at 9am! Even in redzone people get there early and you get a sharpe number on your hand upon arrival because when the check in begins people can get ugly! If you are hell bent on a specific rail spot, u better arrive early...

I will say it was very organized and civilized upon entering...a pleasant surprise...

Unfortunately, the people who run GA have started a lineup process for RZ also in every city. The first person has usually been there at 7 am with numbers reaching 30 around 2-3 PM